Part 4

Summary: It's almost the end of the school year and Draco looks forward to stealing a few more days with (YN), but something strange is going on and Draco is feeling uneasy about it.

Word Count: 1883

Warnings: Angst.

A/N: Hope you enjoy it and please, feel free to send me a message or comment, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

It had been a strange day, well... it had been a strange year... a long year and now it was drawing to a close. After Draco had failed at two attempts on Dumbledore's life, nearly killing two students in the process, Dumbledore himself had confronted Draco in the hopes it would stop more innocent people from getting hurt. At first, Draco didn't know how to react, because Dumbledore seemed to know or sense how he was struggling with his task... how he struggled with everything that was expected of him. But Draco also felt as though Dumbledore knew more, what..? he wasn't sure and the fact that the old professor held no ill will towards him had Draco astounded. And when Draco came clean about the plan to smuggle the death eaters into Hogwarts, Dumbledore shocked him even more, telling him he needed to stick to the plan and not draw attention to himself. Draco could still hear his words, replaying over in his head, "Draco, you must let them in... we don't want Voldemort thinking you have betrayed him... Let them in... and Professor Snape and I will take care of the rest."

Draco was at a loss as to why Dumbledore trusted him to not run to his mother, or worse, Voldemort and tell them, but he did and surprisingly Draco found himself warming to the old wizard. Though, he wasn't sure where Snape fitted into all of this. Who's side was he on, Dumbledore's or Voldemort's? Draco had no idea. All he knew, was how grateful and relieved he felt that Dumbledore had taken all the heavy burden from his hands, leaving him feeling as if he could breathe again. If he was being completely honest with himself, his attempts to kill Dumbledore were purposely flawed from the very beginning, he didn't want to kill the wizard from the moment it was asked of him. And since meeting (YN) everything had changed, he just wasn't the same person anymore and the constant guilt he felt knowing his failed attempts had hurt both Katie Bell and Ron Weasley had kept him up at nights.

Draco shook his head to himself, he felt like a completely different person. Gone was his bitter anger and misinformed hatred... and he didn't miss it one little bit. But as he made his way through the great stone hallways of Hogwarts, no one would have guessed from his dull expression. Every day was just a boring string of seemingly endless days. The only thing making them bearable was knowing that each sunset and rise of the moon brought him one day closer to another term break. One day closer to that smile he missed so much... one day closer to the sound of her sweet voice... and that laugh... and another day closer to the touch of her hand in his. And it was those few precious days he spent with (YN) at the end of each break, that kept him going until the next. And all he needed was those sweet moments to keep him afloat for one more year... one more year and his school life was done.