Chapter 17

I can't go back

3:32

*knock knock*

The moment came that Kay dreaded the whole ride home.

"Hey me again" the case worker said in her perky voice.

"Hey hi how could I forget Ipushedyourheadoutthedoor" Kay quickly says letting the lady in.

"Would you like a drink? Water? Juice? Pop?" Kay asks in her most fake nice voice she could put on.

"Water would be fine" the case worker smiled at her following her into the dining room.

Kay took her sorry ass to the kitchen to get this women in her dining room a water.

"So I've did some research and it says here your dad is in the LA county jail. Is that correct?" She asks well flipping thru her folders.

Kay got a lump in her throat as the words 'dad' and 'jail' came back.
She walked back Into the dinning room handing her the water bottle

"Uh- um-" Kay clears her throat
"Yes I've been informed" she says trying her hardest not to break down right there.

"Oh ok great!"

Great? Great?

"And your mother?"

"I haven't seen my mother in the last 7 years" Kay spurs out with no emotion on her face.

"Oh alrighty" the caseworker was taken back on how bluntly it came out of her mouth.

There was awakened silence well the lady looked thought her files.

"So you are living here by yourself?"

"Do you see anyone around"

"How long have you been living by yourself"

"Since my dad left"

"How long ago did he leave"

"Like a week ago"

"When was the last time you've been in contact with your mother?"

"7 years ago"

"Do you have any relations that live around here?"

"If I did I probably wouldn't be sitting here talking to you"

"Alright" the case worker quickly stands up with all her paper work in her arms "i will be in touch and let you know what is going to happen" she says in her perky voice

"What's going to happen? What do you mean?" Kay asks confused

"Well your a minor you can't be living by yourself unless you have a guardian or adult with you" The case worker explains walking towards the door with Kay following like a lost puppy.

"And if I don't?"

"Well the government would have to put you into foster care and from your records it looks like you've been through this"

"Yeah! 7 years ago!" Kay yells loosing her temper.

"Well I'll call you when I have information back from the government in the mean time have this signed by a parent or guardian, if you have that signed by either or you won't have to go into Forster Care."
She adds handing Kay a piece of paper with a bunch of writing and the government's signature at the bottom

"I can't go back!"

<<<>>>

"What am I going to do!" She cried out to ray as they both sat in her room sharing a blunt.

"Fuckkk nigga run away" he reply's with no help as his brain cells are being fried with every hit.

"Wow thanks let me just pack my bags- man where am I gunna run to?" She says with sarcasm looking at him with a 'you dumb' face

"Girl that look ain't cute" he says in a girly voice flipping his imaginary long hair trying to make the girl laugh.

Which he did, she laughed pushing his shoulder "shut up"

"I'm playing" he says dying down his laughter well taking another hit, passing it to Kay.

"Do you even know where yo moms at anyway?"
He asks

She sat for a second trying to think but no answer
"I haven't seen that bitch since she left let alone talk to her" she explains taking another hit.

They sat in comforting silence sharing the blunt till it was a roach.
She missed sitting and getting high with ray, talking about anything and everything. He understood her and helped her with what she was going through, he was easy to talk and open up to with no judgment.

"So wassup with you and fuckshit?" He asks out of the blue breaking the comforting silence.

"Man i don't even know, like I like him and everything he just doesn't give a fuck about people feelings,He doesn't think before he does something...he just does it." She says trying her best to explain her feelings.

"Yeah I get it, he's something else" ray said agreeing with the girl.

They both sat in silence once again letting there thoughts drift them off.

"AHAHA remember when sunburn fell off the roof!" Ray yelled out of the blue dying of laughter

"Man you dumb ass hell" she said laughing with him.

773 words🕰

This was just a filler 😅 my phones on 1%
I'll write more when my phones cha

Lmfao my phone died^^^😭