Chapter 5

Alex couldn't stand being wet anymore, she woke up sometime after the Guardian found Emerald steve in this underground pond, and boy was she sick of being drenched. It had at least been a few days of idle chit chat and "i wonder if the fires died down" just to fill the awkward silence, and at this point everyone wanted out.

Alex growled useing her powers to push away the burnt tree of the opening before pulling her self out of the hole. "Never again." She said simply trying to ring the water out of her messy ginger hair, watching the others climb out as well.

"You two better not drag us back into something like that again you hear?" She said sternly but not scolding, she knows that it was the only way for them to stay safe but that was way to cramped and the silence was deadly. It whould have been perfectly ok if.. Sabre.. was... cracking his jokes... Makeing them laugh... telling them strange crazy storys...

Sabre... she thought sadly to herself heart ackeing that he wasn't with them. He always knows exactly whats to do, and how to lighten the mood. She hugged herself glancing of twords the explosions epicenter, she had to confirm if he was truly gone.

"Alex..?" Guardians voice broke though her thoughts, his hand gently resting on her shoulder, him giveing her a soft smile. "You want to see for yourself right..?" He asked softly a pained look on his face. "I... i can't just leave with the possibility hes still.. out there.." she stuttered hugging herself tighter.

"Well," Emerald steve mildly cut in, "we were thinking that we should go check to just see what happened anyway. Since the Explosion was so crazy, we might as well check for Sabre to." Alex's eyes lit up, haveing thought the two fo them whould stop her from going. "R-really?" Her voice hitched slightly, happy to just see for herself despite knowing that sabre was most likely gone. He had to be gone.. if he wasn't.. then.. thats basically a Miracle.

H̵̺̯̺̑͂̾̏̓̒̚͘ạ̸̻͍̥͙̈̈́ḥ̵̢̢̢̨̖̪̟̑ǎ̸̫͉͊̾̅͝.̷̡̧̢̥̺͔͓͖̹̍͗̈́̄̿̌͛.̶̝̺̭̣͖̜͛͌̓͛ ̸̢̤̘͔̥̣̳̫̱̽́M̵̡̧̟̩͙͙̙̔̃̄͠i̷̲̺̩̻͉͂̒͋̃̂͆̀̋̔͜r̴̨̧͈̥̱̣̫͙͈̻̎͌a̸̤͂̇̆̓̊̓͋́͐͝c̶̯̥̪͌́̍̋̒̇͌͝l̴̨̬̱͔̺͙̟̭̬͌̐̆̒̾̆̄̓͝e̸͕͔̹̘͛̅͌̀̎̾̀̾̈́ͅ~̴̢̟̱̝̭͉̠̃͐͑͋̽̀̑̕͜

Alex felt her skin crawl, tingling like she kept getting stung by bees bit without the pain, as a deadly cold wrapped around her. She shivered looking around with a panicked expression on her face, did.. did she just... hear something..?

"Alex..? Is everything alright..?" The Guardians voice snapped her to her senses the feeling all but vanishing. "Oh um- y-ya.. im.. im fine-!" She laughed trying to hide that she was uneasy, "when do we head off to where the crystal was..?"

Emerald steve gave her a side look at her sudden skittishness. The steve may not have known her long but that just didn't seem right. "Right now actually," he answered her decideing she's off snd being a bit jumpy becuse she didn't know where her friend was. "Its best to check as soon as possible just in case something else happens."

Alex nodded, "makes sence" she started walking off without another word getting ontop of a hill before turning around. "Well. Are we going or not?" She smiled raising an eyebrow. The Guardian laughed and flaped the remaining water out of his wings qickly following her Emerald steve not to behind.

Something wasn't right in the world.
Something changed that could affect everything. He could just feel it.

And he was terrified to find out what.