Bathtime

Cassandra gave a happy sigh as she sat down in a comfy armchair and opened up her book to take advantage of the last of the days light coming through the cottage window. Finally, a moment alone.

  She tried to concentrate on the book, but the noises coming from the kitchen were distracting. The giggling and splashes warmed her heart, she loved when Varian and Flynn played. The relationship between them was beautiful. But, the giggling soon descended into chaos.

  "Sit down!" She heard Varian use his strict tone. "You sit down in the tub, so you don't slip."

  She turned back to her book, this was not her job, this was her time to herself.

  There was a loud scream.

  "I know you don't like it, but your hair has mud in it buddy."

  There was more splashing and screaming.

  "Whoa! Wait, stay there! Cassie can I get some help?"

  Cassandra turned the page in her book.

  "Nope, you need to learn to do this on your own."

  There was a loud splash, and a clatter and Cassandra almost put her book down...almost.

  She heard Varian loudly spluttering and swearing.

  Cassandra looked up as her naked one year old son ran passed her, his arms raised up in the air, a delighted smile on his face.

  "Dada Baba ahhh!"

  Varian appeared in the doorway, dripping wet, holding his arms out the side and shooting her an accusing look.

  "So... How was bath time?"

  "Our son does not like having his hair washed."

  "I know, that's why it was your turn tonight."

  "You're an evil woman Cassandra."

 Cassandra put her book down with a sigh. No chance of a break yet.

  "I guess I'll get him dressed, so you can get dry."

  Varian sneezed as he grabbed a towel.