Chapter 8

If there's another thing that makes me calm aside from Gersile's beautiful eyes and sincere smiles, it's actually the jolly and innocent laughter and smiles from little children. Whenever I see them happy, especially the children of my friends and here in the foundation, it somehow ease the pain I'm still bringing inside.

"Mahilig po kayo sa mga bata 'no?"

I felt Anna sat few inches away from me while I was watching the kids playing on the grass. It's a weekend and I wasn't able to go home to Manila because I promised the kids that I'll join them in their picnic.

"Maybe?", I smiled at Anna when she handed me a piece of bibingka, "Thanks"

"Kitang-kita naman po sa paraan niyo nang pagtingin sa mga bata ang katuwaan niyo po sa kanila. Napaka-swerte po ng foundation dahil po sa inyo"

I think being an only child is actually the greatest factor why I became so fond of children. I always wanted to have my own siblings, you know. Kaya siguro naging sobrang malapit kami ni Czai dahil itinuturing ko siyang nakababatang kapatid.

And now that she already has her own children, I also treat them as mine. I treat them as my own.

"Ilang taon na po pala kayo, Sir Frankie?"

"You'd probably call me Tito once you know my age", I laughed a little before I put a mouthful of bibingka in my mouth.

"Bakit naman po? Hindi pa naman po kayo mukhang matanda", I smiled at her when she opened a bottle of water and handed it to me.

I savored the bibingka and I could tell that she's really good at making this. She could make it successful if she'll start her own business selling bibingka. 

"I'm almost thirty, Anna. Don't be deceived by my looks", I smiled and winked at her before I turned my attention to the children who are running around.

Today is a peaceful and windy day, great day for picnic and different activities like this. Mabuti na lang at hindi maulan ngayon. May ilan din ang namamamasyal sa parkeng ito dahil malinis at napakatahimik.

"H-hindi naman po kayo mukhang thirty", her voice was so soft that I couldn't almost hear it.

I crossed my arms and sat properly on the grass while angling my body towards her. She's looking everywhere but me and I find it amusing when I saw her blushing a bit.

"Sige nga", I tilted my head to one side trying to catch her eyes, "If I doesn't look like 30, how old do I look like?", I know she knew I was challenging her and I find her cute for a second while bowing her head, trying to avoid my gaze.

I don't know why she suddenly became so shy. Kanina lang parang ang confident pa ng boses niya.

"Why can't you look at me?", my smile was forcing to escape when she bit her lower lip before returning me my stares.

"Mukha po kayong...", she pouted and unconsciously scratched her cheek, "25 or 26 lang. Hindi naman po kayo mukhang matanda na"

I couldn't help but laughed a little when I heard what she said. Hindi ko tuloy alam sino bang nagsasabi nang totoo. Czairina told me one time na mukha na raw akong more than 30 and now Anna said na mukha naman akong less than 30.

"Really? Is that a compliment or an insult? I mean, don't I look mature enough?", I'm starting to like it when I'm teasing her. Mabilis kasing mamula ang mukha niya.