Chapter 26

Disclaimer: I haven't been to Siargao so I have less knowledge about it. Imagine niyo na lang yung scenes. Thank you.

__________

I thought Asher would be silent for the whole trip because of the people who came last night. It obviously ruined his mood since I never saw him talked since we went inside our casitas. But his energy didn't even lessen the next day. Parang mas naging makulit pa silang tatlo nina Shirina at Carlton.

Even though we woke up earlier than the usual so we could witness the sunrise in Cloud 9 surf camp, the four of them, including Aurora, already have high energy.

"We'll have our breakfast in a restaurant just nearby the surf camp after the sun rises then tsaka na kayo mag-surf, boys", Miah was looking at her phone where our itinerary for today was saved.

We're just waiting for a the van we rented and Lux volunteered to drive since he's already familiar with this place. Umagang-umaga pa lang at madilim pa ang langit pero iritado na kaagad ako dahil kay Asher. Why is he always beside Aurora? He's even bringing Aurora's things kahit tinanggihan siya nito.

"Can you swim, Aurora?", I heard Asher asked. They were standing not too far from us.

"Frankie, how's the work in Isabela?", kinakausap ako ni Edzel at Czai tungkol sa ginagawang hospital sa Isabela pero hindi ako maka-focus kanina pa dahil ang lakas ng boses nung tatlo sa likuran.

Aurora's silent. Sumasagot lang kapag tinatanong o kapag may pinagkakatuwaan sila.

"It's already on its half. We could finish it before the year ends", I tried to focus but I heard Aurora's voice.

"Hindi eh", her voice is really sweet. It's so soft that it comforts you whenever you hear it.

"So you also don't know how to surf? Want me to teach you later?", my jaw clenched as I moved my eyes on where they were standing.

Samantha and Augusto were also near them together with Lux who's on his phone and Miah who's talking to Ellie. Pareho silang nakaupo sa bench dahil nahihirapan tumayo dahil marahil sa bigat ng baby sa tiyan. Andrew's also with them.

"Sa gilid na lang ako ng dagat mamaya. Manunuod na lang ako sa inyo nina Carlton"

I glanced on Samantha and saw her rolled her eyes. She looked so pissed. Nagsasalita sa gilid niya si Augusto pero tanging pagtango at pag-iling lang yata ang sagot niya. I transferred my gaze at Aurora again and saw her smiling about what Carlton said.

"Hoy, Frankie!", I quickly turned my head towards Czairina when she suddenly hit my shoulder with so much force that I'm sure would leave a hand mark since I'm only wearing a black tanktop.

"Bakit?", my forehead was creasing at her while caressing the part she hit. It felt hot in just a snap.

"Kinakausap ka kasi namin pero kung saan-saan ka nakatingin. Ang lakas mo ha, yung boss mo ini-ignore mo lang", she pointed at Edzel who's only shaking his head to his wife.

"Stop it, Aleah", he said smiling before turning to me, "Once you're done with the project in Isabela, I'll offer you the hotel project of Cariza in Batangas. Actually, it's Aleah's idea na sayo ko na ibigay ang project so you could go home often to your parents"

"Nagtatampo na kasi sina Tita sayo. Spend more time with them, you know. Gusto sana ni Edzel na sa Manila project ka since that's the biggest project of ELdC as of now, pero I think you could still be recognized na pa rin naman if sa provincial project ka maassign. And of course, Dad wanted you to be his engineer since then. Pagbigyan mo na", she said while Edzel was snaking his arm on Czairina's waist. He even kissed her on her temple like it's a natural thing for them.