Chapter 6

___Cassidy's POV___
I can't believe what Calum said to me last night. My life will never be the same.
It's time for me to stop cutting, stop having suicidal thoughts. All that shit I my head needs to be pushed aside. It's time for me to stand up for myself. Time to do what I want, not what my 'mom' wants.
Calum has taught me so much in so little time.
"CASSIDY!!!" My mom shouted. "GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!"
What could she possibly want now?
I walked out of my room and tried to find my mom.
She was in the living room, sitting on the couch
"What?" I said.
"Get me a beer out of the fridge." She said.
"You're that lazy?" I stormed off into my room and locked my door.
I heard my mom coming towards my room.
I grabbed my book bag and put it on my bed. I took my duffle bag, which is for lacrosse. But I'll just get my stuff for it tomorrow or later. I put some clothes, makeup and my hair products in the bag and closed it. I put my laptop on my bed, along with my book bag and duffle bag.
I texted my brother.
****
Me; hey Matt, long story short... Moms pissed. I locked myself in my room and filled bags with mah stuff. You mind picking me up? Don't let mom notice you. Park on the opposite side of the street or down the road somewhere a bit. I'll climb out my window, with my stuff and well go to your house okay? Please.
Matt<3: yeah. Anything for you. I know mom hates you. I've seen what she does to you. It's not right. I'll pick you up and I'll be at Cody's house. Meet me there okay? Love you sis.
Me: thank you so much Matt!! I love you sooo much<3
*****
I turned my phone off and put it in my back pocket. I put my book bag on and carried the duffle bag and my laptop case, which obviously has my laptop and other laptoppy things in it. Also, Cody is a family friend if you didn't know that.
I set the duffle bag and laptop case down and opened my window. I climbed out and grabbed both bags. I closed my window and walked down the sidewalk to Cody's. Luckily mom didn't notice me. I left her banging on my door and screaming.
****
"Thanks cody. I'd rather not stay outside. I'm scared that mom is going to find me." I said.
I'm at Cody's house, waiting for Matt. I'm watching tv with Cody in the meantime.
"You are going to call cps as soon as you get to matts house, right?" Cody said. "Of course." I replied.
"Matts here!" He said.
Matt knocked on the door and Cody let him in. No time for small talk so I grabbed my bags and walked out to matts car. I put my stuff in his trunk and we drove to his house.
"What happened today that made you finally decide to runaway?" Matt asked. "It was last night. Y'know how I love 5 Seconds of Summer?" I said.
"Yeah" he replied.
"Well, don't get me wrong but, I was video chatting with Calum and he-he just told me not to be scared anymore. Well, he didn't say that exactly but. Somewhat." I said.
"Cassidy, I'm not saying I don't believe you but, why would a celebrity say that to someone lower class?"
I looked at him weird. "Because he likes me. He told me he did."
"Okay, okay. Let's just get to my house and I'll make you some pancakes. Okay?"
"Okay!" I smiled.
***^***
We reached his house, I got my stuff out of the trunk and we went inside. I set my stuff down by the door and went into the living room and sat down on the couch. Matt has a nice house. Better than the hell hole I was in. Seriously, my mom always had me clean up. She did nothing. I cooked, I cleaned, I did the laundry, I did everything.
"Hey Matt, you don't mind if I go on my laptop in her do you?" I sat my laptop on the little island counter in the kitchen and sat down. "Don't care. The pancakes will be ready shortly." He said.
I went on skype and messaged Calum.
***********
XxUserNamexX; hey cal. I ran away from my mom. I'm at my bros house right now. He's making pancakes:D
************
I kept skype on and waited for my pancakes.
"Careful," Matt said, "they're hot, I have chocolate syrup and regular. I also have whip cream, whataya want with your pancakes?"
"Everything" I laughed.
Calum messaged me back finally.
*********
5sauceFan143; that's good. Mind if I vid chat with you?
XxUserNamexX; I'd love if you did.
***********
Me;"hey cal!"
I smiled and waved.
Cal;"hey cass! I'm glad to hear that you're away from the devil"
We both laughed. Matt came over and saw Calum. "Hey, you were right! Hey cally, my sister is obsessed with you!" Matt said. Calum laughed again. I just continued eating my pancakes.
Me;"just ignore him, he's a loser."
Cal;"you should give me a pancake"
I held a pancake up to my webcam and Calum made weird noises like he was eating it.
Me;"you're such a weirdo cal. Also, where are you? If I may ask"
Cal;"Toronto. We have a show here tomorrow."
Me;"oh.. Cool"
I smiled
Cal;"yeah, after that we'll be in L.A."
Me;"coolio"
Cal;"yep, soo...."
"Hey Matt! Do you have any chocolate milk?" I asked. Getting up and going into his fridge. Yayyy.
Me;"I FOUND CHOCOLATE MEEELKK!!"
Calum laughed. I went over and opened all of his cupboards trying to find a cup. He only has coffee mugs. "Matt! Next time you go to the store, buy some cute plastic cups that I can drink chocolate meelk in. Ok?" I shouted.
Cal;"you really like chocolate milk."
He laughed.
Me;"my brother is calling cps now, I think. He's on the phone with someone so I don't know."
Cal;"oh, well if it's them then I'll go"
Me;"ok. After they leave, if they don't take me with them then I'll skype you okay? If they take me then I'll just text you."
Cal;"okay! Bye Cassidy. Hope everything goes alright!"
Me;"bye cal!"
We both waved goodbye and I hung up the vid chat and closed my laptop
*************
Matt came back into the kitchen, took my plate and put it in the sink.
"Was that cps that your were talking to?" I asked.
"Yeah," he said, "they'll be here soon"
"Ok," I got up and when over to the door to get my bags which were next to the stairs to, well, upstairs.
I grabbed my duffle bag and book bag, put them in the living room by the couch, and sat down. The tv was on hbo.
********
I think it's 2PM. May 13th. It's the same day, the cps people are outside in their car. They just got here though.
They came inside finally.
"Hi Cassidy, I'm Veronica from the Child Protective Services. I'd like to ask you a few questions.
**********
The questions lasted for, what seems like, forever.
"From what you and your brother told us, you most definitely can't stay with your mother." Veronica made it sound like i wanted to stay with the devil.
"Where am I going to stay then?" I asked.
"She can stay with me." Matt suggested.
"I'm sorry but she'll have to come with us." She said
"Am I going to an orphanage?" I asked
"No, we have a family that'll take care of you for the time being." She said.
"Are you going to take her right now?" Matt asked.
"Yes. Cassidy, if you would please follow me to the car, we'll be on our way to the foster home."
I gave Matt a hug. "Don't worry, this isn't goodbye. I'll see you soon. I love you Matt"
"I love you too little sis."
I almost cried.
I put my book bag on and grabbed my laptop case and duffle bag and followed Veronica.
I put my stuff in the trunk of her car, waved to Matt and got in the car.
I didn't want to talk to Veronica so I put my earbuds in, played my radio, and texted Calum.
******
Me; hey. In the back of the cps ladies car. On my way to some foster home. I'm scared Calum:(
Cal; don't be. I'll be with you, well. You know.
Me; I know. The lady person is trying to converse with me and I'm just here listening to music and talking to you lol.
Cal; nice haha🍆
Me; totes🐐 I gotta go. I'm at the stupid foster home😒
Cal; kk bye!👋
******
I turned my phone off, took my earbuds out and put them in my pocket.
I got out of the car and got my stuff out of the trunk. Hopefully I'll get the rest of my stuff from out of room soon.
We walked up to the front door of the house.
Veronica rang the door bell and a middle aged looking woman opened the door.
"Hello Mrs. Cox, I have Ms. Cassidy here for you, she ran away from her mother today because she was abusive. We can't bring her to the orphanage yet because we have to get custody of Cassidy from her mother. I thought you'd be okay with keeping her for a few days." Veronica said to the woman.
When she said "Mrs. Cox" I instantly thought of Harry Styles. I'm pretty sure that's not Harry's mom. His mother is prettier. Not saying this lady is ugly. Because she isn't.
We walked inside and I almost screamed because of who I saw..
********************
A/N
Cliffhanger :]
You're welcome^.^
I kinda forgot to put an A/N before I published this... These aren't even important. But Y'know:p
Soo I go back to school tomorrow as do most people. Anyways, it's 8:45PM and I'm tired, so goodnight <3
~CalumsBrunetteBabe