Chapter 2

I walked down the hall. For some reason, I felt like I was being followed, so I hurried and hid by the corner, and as soon as the person came into my view, I punched them.

"Ow..." Chanhee says.

"Oh my gosh!" I said. "You scared me! Sorry about hitting you."

"Nah, it's my fault," he rubs his side. "I shouldn't have scarred you like that. Where's Kyun?"

"He's out sick," I replied. "Kinda sucks."

"Hey, you still got me as a friend!" he chuckles.

"You're right," I say. 

My day was still boring even though I was with Chanhee. 

Days past and Kyun grew more and more busy, meaning he and I spent less time together. I was a bit sad, but I shouldn't complain since he was my boyfriend after all. I see Hongjoong.

"Hi Hongjoong!" I yell.

He turns and waves. "Soomin!" Lately, I've been trying to get out of my comfort zone. "How are you?"

"Oh, you know, the usual," I chuckle shrugging. "But I haven't seen my boyfriend lately."

"Yeah, I haven't seen Yeeun since she joined a club," he walks with me. "So I wait for her afterschool."

Days past and Hongjoong and I start to become closer as friends. Hongjoong would be the second person I could count on if Kyun wasn't there for me.

Hongjoong and I laugh as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Well, we're here," Hongjoong says. "What do you want to get?"

I look up at the menu. "I'll just get the iced macha milk tea."

"Alright," he says and turns to the cashier, "one iced macha tea, and I'll have the iced coffee."

"Alright, that'll be #### won," the cashier says. Hongjoong pays the cashier and we go sit down and wait. I check my phone.

"No answer yet?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No. I'm starting to get worried. Did I do something wrong? Is he mad at me?"

Hongjoong places his hand on mine, "I'm sure that he's just busy. I don't think he could ever be mad at you."

I sadly smiled. "Thank you for saying that. I feel a little better now."

After getting our drinks, we take a walk in the park.

"I think I should get home now," I look at my phone for the time, and then at him.

"I'll walk you," he says.

We walk to my house and when I walk in my mom looks at me.

"Who's that?" she asks. "Is he your new boyfriend? What happened to Kyun?"

"I'm still dating Kyun," I answer. "Hongjoong is just my friend. He's been keeping me company when Kyun isn't around. Besides, Hongjoong already has a girlfriend."

"But what about his girlfriend?" Mom asks. "Is she ok with it?"

"I don't know," I say. "He told me that she's busy, and they're not talking right now."

"Be careful Soomin," she pats my shoulder. "I don't want you or any of your friends to get hurt."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine," I reassure her. "I'll be careful."  

But I wasn't.

And I didn't.

We were all gonna hurt each other.

If only we hadn't spoken to each other.