Chapter 7

I smiled as I put whipped cream on the cake. During the break up, I've been picking up new hobbies. It's been about two months since I broke up with Kyun. I was almost finished with the cake. Lately I've been making a lot of pastries. I've been giving them to some friends I made along the way. I recently got in touch with Hongjoong again, and we been catching up on things, and I invited him to meet up with me to eat the cake I made since we're both doing better, now, that we're over our ex's. I finish putting whipped cream on the cake and put it in the fridge while I waited for Hongjoong to arrive. I cleaned up the kitchen and went to the living room and turned on the TV and Lilly came to sit by me while I watched.

After some time, I hear the doorbell go off. I stand up and run to the door and open it.

"Hongjoong!" I smile and hug him. "I missed you."

He chuckles and embraces the hug. "I missed you too. How are you?"

"I'm better now," I say break off the hug and take his hand and lead him to the living room. I grabbed the cake, milk, plates, forks and knife to the living room. "Tada! Oh, I forgot to ask, how about you? How are you doing?" I sit down and stare at him.

"Just like you," he chuckles, "after some healing, I'm feeling better now." 

We laughed and talked while eating cake and drinking milk. We also were doing a movie marathon. After we finished the cake, I brought out some chips and candy for us to eat, I got some water for us as well. 

"I'll be right back," I said standing up, "I need to use the restroom."

"Ok," he nods. I head to the bathroom and use it. I wash my hands and rinse my face and look at my face. Am I blushing? I feel my cheeks. They were warmer than usual. I am... I dry my face and shake it off. I go out of the bathroom and sit down next to Hongjoong again.

We were watching Nerve, when suddenly we made eye contact. All I could think was: sh*t. I could feel my heart racing. It was beating so fast, I thought I wouldn't be able to control it. I feel Hongjoong move part of my hair out of my face, and cups part of my face and leans in but stops.

He opens his eyes and looks at me, "can I?" I nod my head and close my eyes. I felt his warm and soft lips touch mine. He began kissing me passionately, making it slow, and long. He took his time slowly escalating it. His hand was was on my side. Part of my shirt was up so his hand was on my skin. I threw my arms around him, letting our bodies touch. It's been so long since I've been with him. I missed his touch, his scent, his warm feeling, how I felt safe with him, and how I could trust him. I ran my hand through his hair and pulled it. Our lips pulled apart due to lack of air and he began to kiss my neck.

"I really wanted to do that for a while," he says heavily breathing.

"Me too," I reply blushing.

"Do you... do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asks.

I nod my head. "Yes, I want to."

He smiles, kisses my forehead and proceeds to rest his forehead on mine. "Ok."

We've been dating for a year now. Kyun, Chanhee, Yeeun and her girls finally stopped bothering us. Hongjoong and I were out on another late night walk when he lets go of my hand.

"Soomin, I want to give you something," he smiles. He pulls out a small box. "It's a promise necklace."

"Joong, it's beautiful," I said in awe. (Imagine how you would want the necklace.)

"Let me put it on," Hongjoong says walking behind me. I moved my hair so it'll be easy to put it on. Hongjoong turns me around and moves hair out of my face, "it looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you Joong," I giggle. "I love it." 

He smiles wider and pulls me closer to him, "I love you more." And kisses my lips.

"I love you too," I say in between our kiss, "more than you can imagine." He smiles as we continue the kiss under the starry night. With Hongjoong, I felt like I mattered, I felt like my world was complete. I guess we were always meant to be together. With him, he gave me, a different feeling.