Chapter 6

I placed my thumb on the screen. And answered it.

"Hey Hongjoong..." I said sadly.

"Hi..." he responds. "Are you ok? You're not at school."

"Didn't feel like it," I say, staring up at the ceiling. "I wasn't ready to go back to school and see Kyun yet."

"Did you guys break up?" his tired voice asked.

"No, not really," I sat up, hugging a pillow. "We're on a break right now. I just need to get my thoughts together, and clear up my mind. And when I'm ready, I'll let him know what I want to do next. How are you doing by the way? What did you and Yeeun do?"

"We... we broke up," he replies. "And I feel pretty crappy. Do you think... that we can still be friends?"

"Yeah, we can," I say with a sad smile, petting Lilly. "But I think we should give it a month or two, so that Kyun and Yeeun don't take it the wrong way."

"I think they still would," he says lowly.

"Why do you think that?" I ask.

"Because they'll think that we're trying to get revenge," he says, "by making them jealous. And even though they hurt us, I don't want them to think that way about us." There was a small silence on the other line. "I have to go, class is about to start."

"Ok, talk to you later," I say, not knowing what else to add.

Hongjoong POV

"I think they still would," I say in a low voice.

"Why do you think that?" Soomin asks. 

Because I like you too much. Was what I wanted to say, but I didn't. "Because they'll think we're trying to get revenge by making them jealous. And even though they hurt us, I don't want them to think that way about us." I saw the teacher about to walk in. "I have to go, class is about to start."

"Ok, I'll talk to you later," she says. "Bye."

"Bye," I respond before hanging up. I needed to be patient. I was starting to get over Yeeun, but Soomin still need time to get her feelings together before deciding what she and Kyun would do. I just wished that we met before the both of us dated, then maybe perhaps none of this mess would happen. But we can't change the past. All I got to do now, is wait for Soomin, and hope that she will feel the same.

Soomin POV

Lilly laid on my belly as I laid back on the couch, thinking about Kyun and I. I just felt like I was a big mess. I didn't want to think about it. I just wanted to let go and get over it already, but... it was impossible. Everything Kyun and I did, was now gone. But a part of me felt like I deserved this because I was with Hongjoong. And while I was with him, I felt something. And even if I liked Hongjoong, he deserved better. I'm a person who's to caught up in their own mess while he was willing to hear me out, even though he's going through crap too.

Today, I decided to go to school. Although I didn't want to, I most likely already missed out on a lot of work. I saw Kyun and hid. I didn't want him to see me.

Even though I wanted to talk to Hongjoong, I held back. I didn't want people to get the wrong idea.

"Soomin," a voice says. I turn and see Kyun. I begin to walk away. "Soomin, please! Stop avoiding me, I wanna talk."

Something inside me wanted to scream and yell at him, but I kept myself composed. "What?"

"Why haven't you been talking to me?" he asks.

"We're on a break," I say, not looking at him. "like I said, I need time to think this out."

"Soomin, I miss you," Kyun grabs my hand. "Can we try again? I love you."

I tried not to get mad. "Love me? If you did, we wouldn't be here. It hurt a lot you know? And the past few weeks, when I needed you the most, you weren't there, and I was alone. I felt unwanted. But because of that, I grew independent. But I became independent because of someone. And they cared about me. They told me many things that made me happy. So when I was alone, it gave me time to think; and what I wanted to say about us." I raise my head up, and meet his eyes. "I'm sorry Kyun, but I think our relationship is getting nowhere. It's best if we just end it. While we were dating, we began to see different people." I began to walk away.

"It's Hongjoong isn't it?" he asks, making me stop walking. "You fell in love with him the day he kissed you right?"

I let a sigh out. "Would it be bad if I said yes?"

"No," he mumbles. "You have all the right to like him. I think he's good for you, after what I done. Can I at least kiss your lips one last time?"

As much as I wanted to, I shake my head. "I'm sorry, but you can't." I was afraid that if our lips met, I wouldn't be able to let us go.

"I understand," Kyun says. "Goodbye Soomin."

"... Goodbye," I say walking away, not looking back.

I sighed as I laid on my bedroom floor. I guess Kyun was right. He said he would never breakup with me. 

It was me who did it.