𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙂𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝘽𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 - 𝙍.𝙏

Ever since you were a kid, you helped out at the rest home where your grandpa lives. After a long day at his funeral, you return back to the rest home to grab the last of his things. You pick up an old photo and suck in a quick breath. Tears and small whimpers escape you as you fall to your knees.

   A boy visiting his grandparents sees you crying and walks over to you. It's raining and the faint sound of music from the main hall can be heard from where you both are.

   It was grandpa's favorite song...

   The boy turns to you with a sheepish smile and holds out his hand, you quickly wipe away your tears and look up to him then to his hand.

   "M-May I have this dance..?" he asked you nervously scratching the back of his head with his other free hand.

   "I'm the worst dancer there is..." you said to him as he helped you up and he chuckled.

   "I can assure you that no one can be worse than me. At my friend's bar mitzvah , I tripped on my partner's dress and accidentally shoved her into the food table," he said, a little embarrassed.

   A small smile made its way onto your lips as you imagined the scene, his eyes lighting up after noticing the small smile that played on your lips.

   "Man, you should've seen it! We were both drenched in punch! She had cheeto powder on her dress and oh man... I went to help her up and I slipped and went face first into the cake!" He exclaimed with exaggerated arm movements and sound effects.

   You giggled at him, "You... you should laugh more... it sounds really nice..." he mumbles while his cheeks dusted a rosy pink. You smiled at him, your own cheeks now tinted a like that of royal apples.

   "So, will you do me the honor of dancing with me..?" He asks with a sheepish smile.

   You looked to the hand he offered, placing your smaller one in his, you looked back into his eyes that seemed to swirl in a childlike awe.

   "Only if you promise to not shove me into a table of food," you said with a small giggle.

   A big smile made its way to his face, "No promises!" He exclaimed as he twirled you causing you to let out a small giggle.

   For the next few songs, the two of you just sway and make small talk, your giggles and his low chuckles filling the room.

   "I'm Richie, Richie Tozier, by the way."