𝘽𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 - 𝘿𝙧𝙚𝙬

(𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙙𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩)

   "Sooo... tell us Y/n! Who do you like?" My friend begged. We had been talking about crushes during lunch and it was my turn to talk.

   "I mean... I don't know," I muttered, "there is this one boy."

   "Who!?"

   "No one, it's a stupid little crush..." I trailed off, thinking about this crush. It wasn't a stupid little crush, I've liked him since he first helped me on the playground.

-flashback-

   "Ouch!" I exclaimed, looking at my knee. The school bully had just pushed me onto the ground. All he did was laugh and run off with his friends.

   "Hey!" I heard a little voice shout, footsteps coming closer, "are you okay?"

   "Uhh, yeah. It just- it only hurts a little."

   "I'll take you to the cafeteria, they'll help you get better."

   "The cafeteria?"

   "Yeah, they have this doctor and she'll make you feel better."

   "Don't you mean the nurse's office?"

   "Nooo, the cafeteria, silly," he took my hand and brought me to my feet. We walked to the nurse's office, even though the boy called it the cafeteria, "here, I'll wait out here for you."

   "Okay, thank you... what's your name?"

   "Drew, I'm Drew."

   "Thank you, Drew. I'm Y/n."

   "Pretty.." he mumbled, watching me walk into the nurse's office.

   "What was that?"

   "Oh, I-I, uh, I just said your name is pretty..."

   "Oh, thank you."

-end of flashback-

   That's when I knew I liked Drew. I've liked him since the second grade when he took me to the nurse, when he told me my name was pretty.

   "Y/n. Y/n!" My friend's calls dragged me out of my memories.

   "What?"

   "The bell rang, you have history class."

   "Shoot, I'm gonna be late! Bye, y/b/f!"

   "Bye!" I ran off to history class, the bell ringing again to signal I was late.

   I finally arrived, "Oh, Ms. L/n. How lovely for you to join us."

   "Sorry, Mr. Langtree."

   "Just go sit down," he said, pointing to the seat next to Drew.

   Ever since he helped me, we've been good friends, but lately he's been distant, "Hey, Drew!"

   "H-hey, Y/n."

   "Okay, can anyone tell me the year Abraham Lincoln delivered the Emancipation Proclamation? Drew?"

   "Uhm, balloon animals?"

   The whole class laughed, "he's so stupid."

   "Hey!" I snapped, "He isn't stupid, he just stuggles. How would you feel if I called you stupid when you don't know an answer?" The class went silent and the teacher cleared his throat, going back to teaching.

   Drew passed me a note which read:

   Thank you, Y/n.

   I smiled at him and passed one back:

   Of course Drew. Hey, I have a question.

   He looked at it and furrowed his brows:

   What is it?

   I wrote down the question I've been dying to ask:

   You've been distant, like not talking to me as much. Is everything ok?

   He smiled, writing down one last note, and watching me open the note for my reaction:

   Well, I was going to wait to ask, but would you like to go on a date? Maybe we could get coffee and study.

My smile widened and my cheeks flushed pink. I looked over at him, seeing his cheeks redden.

   "I'd love to," I whispered.

   "Ahem, anything you'd like to share with the class, Y/n?" The teacher asked.

   "I-I uh-"

   "I just asked out the cutest girl in this school and she said yes," Drew cut in. His words made me blush and smile, he makes my heart melt.

   "Very well then..."

   "I'll pick you up at seven tonight, is that okay?" Drew whispered.

   "I'll see you at seven," he smiled and turned back to his notes. I am so stupidly in love.