prologue

jeonghan looks at seungcheol, who interestingly looked down the well. he lowers down his camera from his face, looking at the most beautiful scenery in this whole school trip—but he can't take a picture of him. bummer.

"you're hopeless," seungkwan nudged his bestfriend, pulling jeonghan out of the deepest depths of his thoughts. "just confess."

"look," jeonghan ignores their professor, explaining something about this place. "seungcheol has over 50 people under his spell. and that's only among us seniors. there are many freshmen, sophomores, juniors who like seungcheol. do you think i have a ducking chance?"

seungkwan laughs. "wish for your chance to increase to 100% then." seungkwan points to the well, wherein the whole class was bundled around as their professor lectured about it. "also, make a second wish: to become an actual architect when you rarely listen to the professor."

jeonghan rolls his eyes. "you can't make two wishes."

"oh, just throw another penny." seungkwan replies, making jeonghan laugh.

"you can't throw pennies in that well!"

they continue listening to the professor and started writing notes again—since they weren't in this field trip to gossip about their classmate, also known as jeonghan's crush, seungcheol. everybody's crush, actually.

"not just the structure of this well is amazing, but," their professor starts, eyes glimmering with excitement. "it is said to be magical. it is far from being a wishing well to throw your coins down, since it's a fresh water source even up to this day. but, when you voice out your wish in this well, your wish will come true."

looks are shared and words of amazement are exchanged after the professor told them about this well mystery. the professor smiled, adding, "you can roam around freely around the castle now. also, make a wish if you want to. come back to the well after 20 minutes!"

the students broke up in groups, walking with their friends to approach something that caught their eye. seungkwan tried to take jeonghan somewhere else, too, but jeonghan's feet were stuck on the same spot he was standing a while ago, eyes directed to the well. "i saw something interesting, it's some kind of medieval coffee table. i'm going inside the castle, are you just going to stay here?"

jeonghan does not answer. he walks towards the well, looks down at the water below, and says:

"i wish to get some help! i want to be closer to seungcheol, a man i like! i hope this well really has magic!"

(a/n: hello! i'm back again with a jihan ff! this fanfic's concept kind of a little different from the usual, but the dynamics and tropes are pretty much the same: your classic fluffy and angsty fanfiction. enjoyy!)