Into The past

Her face turned pale, she started moving backwards in disbelief when her foot was hit by something on the floor, she gasped and lowered her lamp a little to look, there was a diary, an old torn dusty diary. Nandini held it in her hand, she wanted to open it but she also wanted to escape that room, the situation was getting worse by every passing second and she wanted to escape that room as soon as possible. She covered that diary with an end of her saree and tried to open the door of the room but it was jammed, she was trying with all the remaining force and courage but it was of no use.
After a while, tired and exhausted she went to a corner of the room and sat down there, there was tears in her eyes, her helplessness was making her cry and she couldn’t think of a way to escape from there. After a while she calmed herself and thought that, she did all she could do to escape and now all she can do was to sit there and wait for her fate to play its part.
She supported her back against the wall and she was so exhausted that she closed her eyes and tried to sleep for a bit a bit as her eyes were hurting. Nearly five minutes were peaceful when there was a sudden banging noise. Nandini woke up immediately, her horror started creeping in she looked around and there was nothing suspicious or there was no sign of any such thing. She sighed and her hand touched that diary which was safely wrapped in her saree. She held it close to her and brought her lamp a bit closer to read that diary. Nandini opened it and she started turning every page but there was nothing written in it. All the pages were blank but she knew that it can’t be that simple, there has to be something about this diary. She was thinking about all this and carelessly places her wrist over one of the page from that diary and it was the same wrist which was having a birthmark. Suddenly there was a golden sparkly light around that diary, Nandini was confused she looked towards that light and suddenly she wasn’t in that dusty room anymore. She was standing outside of that room and someone was calling a name “Rajkumari Nayntara” (princess nayantara ). She turned towards that lady who was calling out the name but it looked like she couldn’t see Nandini and neither was she addressing her. That lady went inside the same room, where was Nandini was trapped earlier. Thus Nandini followed her inside that room and she saw someone sitting there infront of a magnificent mirror, it was beautifully embedded with precious stones and it was mesmerizing. But there was something else which was more mesmerizing than that mirror, it was the girl sitting infront of that mirror with her back towards nandini.
Nandini was not able to look at her face but she could estimate her beauty from the length of her long black hair falling to her waist. The lady who was calling out the mane said, Rajkumari I’ve brought the smoke essence for your hair and if I have your permission then may I help you with your hair.
Nandini was standing there watching everything from a distance and trying to figure out what was happening when suddenly princess nayantara turned towards nandini.
Nandini saw her face and she wasn’t able to believe at her sight. It was her, princess nayantara was none other than nandini herself, nandini was shocked, she couldn’t believe it, how can she and princess nayantara be the same person. All this while she was thinking everything was some sort of confusion but after seeing this she has no explanation, no ability to understand her surrounding and to understand this complex situation.
Princess nayantara asked that other lady to bring her necklace to her and also her anklets and she asked her to bring the special necklace as it was a very special day was ahead. She adorned herself with those beautiful jewelleries and everything together was so bright that it was actually reflecting light on nayantara’s face and she was looking exceptionally beautiful that for a moment nandini felt jealous of her as to why she never looked as graceful as nayantara inspite of having same face. In split seconds there were servants flooded into Princess nayantara’s room, resulting in chaos everywhere, everyone was trying to impress princess with their ideas but Nayantara laid her eyes on a very timid girl standing behind everyone, she was holding flowers in her hand. Nayantara waved at her to come forward and very gently she kneeled towards her and asked that girl “ Piyali are these flowers for me?”
Piyali nodded and nayantara smiled at her and placed her palm infront of piyali to ask for flowers. She then asked one of her helpers to adorn her hair with those beautiful flowers which were brought by piyali.
Princess nayantara was loved by everyone, being gentle, graceful, fair, kind was among her other qualities which made her the most loved and respected person in the entire palace.
Nayantara was ready to leave and nandini was wondering how was it possible for her to walk in such a heavy lehnga, but it looked like nayantara didn’t care and she walked with so much grace that nandini continued staring with her jaws dropped as she has never seen anyone so elegant.
Nandini followed nayantara towards the main hall and the atmosphere had a whole festival vibe. It was heavenly, the pillars were covered by silk curtains, the entire palace was decorated and it never looked so ravishing. Nandini was mesmerized for a moment, just when her eyes caught a glimpse of someone, someone who has a common face among all these strangers, someone she has met before.