Don't Blame Me

Nandini heard everything and it was heart-breaking for her to look at Rakshit, the way he was using nayantara to get his way to the kingdom, to the throne, nandini never felt so helpless even when she was tortured by her husband and in laws in her life back home. She always thought whatever they do is her fate and destiny and is not worth fighting but whatever she was witnessing with Rakshit betraying nayantara, suddenly nandini turned opposite to her all defensive nature.
She knew now what Rakshit was planning to do so she ran towards palace, now she was worried about nayantara more than anything.
As soon as she entered palace, there was an entire change in the vibe, she could sense it. There was something off about the aura. She knew something was wrong, she ran towards the room from where it all started, the room which belongs to nayantara
She saw a troop of soldiers guarding the door of princess’s room. Nandini was invisible to them so she could easily slide in to nayantara’s room.
As she went inside the room, she saw nayantara lying on her bed, crying uncontrollably. Nandini sat close to her and at that instant for the first time She saw her own reflection in nayantara. All this while she use to think that nayantara and she were two complete different personalities and the only similarity was their alike facial resemblance.
Nayantara was not in her best self, she was crying, she was laughing and in middle of all that she was constantly murmuring “my Rakshit, my lover will come to save me. The king, my father thinks that by locking me up in my room would prevent me from being United with my love, then they are wrong. I’m princess nayantara and I’m not dumb enough to fall for their petty traps. I know my Rakshit will rescue me”.

Nandini felt so sorry for nayantara, she had no one to hold on to. Neither her parents were honest towards her nor was her lover but wasn’t it similar to Nandini’s life back home. Even her parents were not supportive of her, otherwise they wouldn’t marry her to someone so old and neither her husband was worth holding on. It was like she was doomed.

The days passed with nayantara locked into her room and continuously crying when suddenly after 2-3 days there was a slight sound at the door, nayantara rose from her bed to look and similarly nandini also turned towards the direction of the door.
It was piyali and she quickly squeezed in, locking the door behind. Nayantara immediately wiped her tears at the sight of piyali and looked towards her with hope in her eyes.
Piyali with a extremely low volume said, “my princess it hurts me to see you like this but not for long, here is the letter from the king, he has sent this for you, please read it and it will give you heart a sense of calmness”.
Nayantara snatched that letter from piyali and opened it quickly.
She started reading it and her jaws dropped “ nayantara, my love I can’t sleep ever since I’ve left you there and it’s making me restless. I can’t let you struggle there alone, I’m gonna rescue you soon my love.” On reading this nayantara immediately smiled and more than that she started giggling, it was finally the time she is going to be with love of her life.
She started reading further, “my messenger will give this letter to piyali and I’m sorry my love, I wanted to write this and tell you everything before but I couldn’t risk anyone knowing it. I am always gonna be there for you just be prepared for tomorrow my love, it’s going to be a big day”.
Nayantara had a sigh of relief.

Piyali simple turned and asked for nayantara’s permission to leave. Nayantara just waved her to go.
Nayantara didn’t know what Rakshit was planning but she was sure that he is going to rescue her and then they are going to spend their life together.
All excited and giggly, nayantara finally went to sleep after days of restlessness. Nandini also closed her eyes and lied down at the couch, even she needed an escape from all that was happening in her life.

It was a new day, new morning, nayantara was still asleep when suddenly the entire atmosphere was filled with a loud banging sound, disrupting the morning peace. Nayantara woke up from her sleep and tried to look outside, it was all very chaotic, everyone was panicking, running from one end to other.
Nayantara wasn’t naive to understand it was a war sign and her state is officially under war.
She was thinking About everything when suddenly, her mother the queen rushed to her room.
The queen had a sense of fright at her face, yet she looked graceful as always.
It was very unlikely for queen to come alone to nayantara’s room, usually there were always few helpers along with queen but this time she came alone.
Nayantara was staring at her when finally queen spoke, “what have you done my princess, Rakshit the king of balvan ghati has announced a war against us and we are completely caught off guard. This is your fault princess, you’re going to risk life of so many soldiers for your selfish motives. I command you to immediately send a message to the king of balvan ghati, requesting him to stop this war, we are in no position to fight, we don’t even have our army in full numbers for now. As a princess of this state it’s your duty to stop this war now”.
Nayantara was just looking at the queen without saying a word when she finally smirked a little and said “ this war is destined to happen and I won’t do anything in my power to halt this war. This needed to be done and my Rakshit is doing it for my honour and it won’t stop until and unless we have a verdict”.
Nayantara laughed and asked her mother to leave her room immediately.