Chapter 1: Death Awaits

Already finished this story, but I'll be uploading chapters every 1-4 days most likely. Enjoy the chapter!
———————————————————————————

The lights flickered out. Everyone scurried around in panic. Most of them were separated from their original groupings, and others tried to stay as calm as possible.

"I can't see anything at all!" Mateo shouted in panic.

"Neither can I, but we have to take this slowly, and find our way out of here." Halona answered back.

"Yeah, she's right. Is there a generator here? There has to be. We might have to find it to turn the lights back on." Jacob informed.

"OH GOD! Why did the lights flicker out? This place has some faulty lighting, ugh." Christy said in exasperation.

"C'mon, this has to happen now, out of all the times it could've?..." Alex groaned.
—————————————————————
"Uhm, anyone there? Nobody? Alright...I think this is where I'll hide for now." Alab said to himself as he closed the closet door.

Suddenly, he heard a noise, it was the creaking of the door, someone was banging it open. Even though it was locked, whoever was on the other side was either strong enough to kick the door open, or the door was just really flimsy. Alab quickly hid behind the door.

"Ahah, looks like I found my first target to murder. ;) This'll be lots of fun." ??? said out loud.

Alab was shaking internally, what did they mean by murder? And why did that voice sound so familiar. Oh right, it was- ah. He looked down and realised it had been stabbed straight in the heart. His life flashed through his eyes as he fell backward and hit the cold hard ground, blood starting to pool around his body, and his consciousness slowing fading away.

"W-what? Why?...." Those words the last words Alab ever murmured as he took his last breath.

"Easy. Now time to get back, after all...this is just the beginning." ??? grinned in the darkness as they walked out of the room.

—————————————————————

A few seconds later, the lights had flickered back on, as if nothing had ever happened. Some were still in shock. Some were calm, and others were panting from running all over the area.

'What...what just happened? Why was there suddenly a random blackout? It doesn't make any sense at all.' Austin contemplated as he tried gathering his thoughts together.

"Ugh, what was that!? It suddenly came out of nowhere, I didn't expect it...." Anna exclaimed.

"Neither did I, but thankfully it's over now. So I've noticed that all of us managed to gather together during that entire ordeal." Rosalie addressed.

"Yep, I think so, it looks like all of us here, at least I think...where's Chidi again?" Alex asked.

"Ah, sorry. I was behind Jamila so you couldn't see me, heheh." Chidi explained as he stepped forward.

"Well, now that we're all here, shouldn't we discuss about what we found from exploring this place? We don't have all day, you know..." Jean-Claude pointed out.

"Yeah...true, I'll start first. Me, Chidi and Peter came across this weird glowing purple ball floating mid-air." Kim started.

"It was so weird, and one of the points we brought up was why the person who captured us decided to put us up in this air-conditioned abandoned lab rather than in a simple warehouse?" Peter pondered on the thought.