Chapter 2: False Accusations

Hey everyone, welcome back to another chapter of "Time is Ticking"! Thanks for reading this story, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!—————————————————————————————————————

Everyone was in the main room. There was a tense atmosphere surrounding them as the clock ticked down. They knew they had to pick someone to vote, sooner or later. They tried their best to be brave about it, but deep down, some were terrified at the thought of their death.

"Well, looks like we're in a bit of a predicament now, huh?....There's a murderer in this room among us." Nave stated.

"Looks like it, and they killed Alab too...now we need to find them before they're able to get another one of us." Jamila responded.

"Now....don't we have to discuss on who the murderer could potentially be?"
Jean-Claude started, trying to ignite a conversation.

"Yeah...but we don't have any actual proof at this point. It was too dark to see anything and I doubt most or if not all of us were in the right state of mind to focus." Jacob pointed out.

"Ahah, that's true. That's why we need to use our wits and intuition to solve this case." Nave answered, ready to investigate.

"Yeah, let's first go over what we know by now. First off, the lights suddenly went out, and we all were separated-" Anna was explaining, until she was suddenly cut off by the speaker.

"Ahem, can you all hear me? Great? All right. Here it comes, we have news from our one and only, the detective!" The voice on the speaker announced.

"The detective believes that at least one these three is a member of the evil team. Jamila, Chidi, or Halona. Now, debate."

Chidi was shocked, to say the least. He knew his role very well, and it wasn't on the evil team, that was for sure.

Jamila was tense. She didn't expect to get accused this early into the game. She was nervous, and knew she had to defend herself to not get wrongly accused.

Halona remained calm, and thought of how she could deflect the attention onto the other two instead of on her, as she knew for certain that she was good.

"Hold on guys, it isn't me out of the three. The investigator has gotten it all wrong!" Chidi protested.

"Well, can we all be sure about that? You could've done it with ease." Jean-Claude considered.

"Jean has a point, but then again, the investigator mentioned two other people, it could also not be Chidi, possibly..." Peter replied with uncertainty.

"Everyone, listen to me. I didn't kill Alab, I can say that for a fact. It could be Jamila, maybe. She's been pretty quiet lately." Halona disputed.

"It's not me, I know that since I wasn't the one who killed him. What if it isn't any of us 3? It could be someone else, like Christy. They were the closest to each other before he died." Jamila countered.

"Hey! It isn't me! I had no reason to kill him either." Christy defended.

"Oh? So what you're saying is that you would've done it if you had a good reason?"

"NO! Stop accusing me with circumstantial evidence."

Christy knew that she was getting wrongly accused, and hoped that someone would defend her. She knew the situation wasn't good for her at the moment, but she had to turn it around, somehow.

"She makes a good point. You could've killed him first, to throw the suspicion off of you, as you'd have been the nicest to him and everyone would trust that you didn't murder him." Peter reasoned.