Chapter 4 - Long Leave

23:00 PM

It is such a screwed up night for Sakurako herself, however. This quiet night is supposed to be filled with fun, happiness, and joy. Instead, this night has been filled with anger, shout, lecture, and mockery. The house is loud, but not loud enough to be heard by neighbors around the house. And loud enough to be heard throughout the entire bloody house.

Akari and Chinatsu are sure lucky only to help cleaning up Sakurako's room because Nadeshiko told them to stay in that room until she finished lecturing Sakurako, only after they cleaned up the mess throughout the house. Which it took a couple of hours, considering a lot of mess she made. The Oomuro sisters do not want them both to hear the loud lecture against Sakurako for the mess she made. But Akari and Chinatsu could still hear the loud lecture, even with the door closed. Himawari was not in that room because she also needed to lecture Sakurako for her actions.

Akari and Chinatsu could hear the words "stupid," "idiot," "brat," "jerk," and "useless" pretty a lot. Chinatsu has no comment for the event that has occurred. Akari, on the other hand, could pity her a lot, knowing what such personality she has. When they had to hear the lecture from inside the room for non-stop, their only reaction is only to give an empty stare to the blank space in front of them. Even after the whole hour of hearing their lecture, their eyes still blank, and the silence they had is a bumbling one.

In an attempt to ease the current atmosphere, they both use one different activity to ease their composure. Akari only reads her notebook while Chinatsu is playing card Solitaire by herself. The lecture is not finished yet, and they can't tell what they say because they were inaudible from inside the room. They wondered when the lecture would be over.

Akari then looked up from the book and stared forward. "Shouldn't we try to talk about something?"

Chinatsu looked up, then turned her head to her. "While they are still lecturing her? No. I'm still not comfortable talking while they are lecturing."

"Oh," Akari simply said, before looking down again to her book. "I guess you're right, China-chan."

Focusing back to Sakurako, she's much terrified. Sakurako, Himawari, along with the Oomuro sisters are in the recently cleaned-up living room. They all sat down on the floor, with Sakurako is sitting in front of Himawari and the sisters. Sakurako bowed her head in humiliation, with both fists clenched above her folded knees. Her body trembled horribly towards her sisters and Himawari, who are scolding her right now.

Sakurako only felt so helpless right. Paralyzed, frightened, mindless, and idiotic. Even if she wanted to move her head or hand, she just can't. She was all frozen under her sisters' anger along with Himawari's. However, Himawari admitted it was her fault that made Sakurako create this mess. She was forgiven, but Sakurako gets all the scolding nevertheless.

Nadeshiko keeps yelling at her with every harsh word that crosses her mind. Hanako only stays silent beside Nadeshiko but keeping glare at her second sister. And Himawari, who is next to Nadeshiko, adds up some statements to complete Nadeshiko's angry sentences. Sakurako is pretty sure that her friends upstairs could hear what Nadeshiko is calling her.

Sakurako is so humiliated by what she had done. Her heart aches so much every time Nadeshiko says harsh words to her, primarily "idiot" and "stupid." And if that wasn't enough, Himawari helps Nadeshiko out to scold her as much as she can. Himawari goes even so far as calling her a jerk and a brat child for the previous events, including the mess she made long ago. Sakurako only wants some fun for this weekend.

She didn't dare to argue against the three girls. Nadeshiko is already steaming charcoal, Hanako looked like she wants to scream at her if Nadeshiko permits it, and Himawari has her hand ready to smack her head as hard as she can. Trying to argue against these girls could only worsen her situation. She may be stupid, but she knows when she screwed things up.