Chapter Seven- The Sky Kingdom

Crystal and Torrid, after an angry and hostile flight, had finally arrived in the forest next to the castle. Torrid turned to Crystal when they touched down.

"Are you done being mad at me?" She said. Crystal huffed.

"Yeah, I guess." She sniffed and wiped away the last of the tears in her eyes.

"Good," purred Torrid. "Now, we've best put on our disguises. It's getting light, and I don't want any dragon to recognize me. Crystal looked confused, and was about to ask why exactly it mattered when she saw a shape in the trees. A pink and blue dragon watched them from above. She saw that Crystal saw her, and swung down.

"You two aren't supposed to be here. Hello, Torrid," said the dragon. Torrid growled.

"Oh, for three moons sake. Poinsettia. Don't you dare tell Asch I'm here. Do it for a second cousin?" Torrid pleaded. Poinsettia laughed.

"Ma'am, you'd better believe I'm going to tell Asch. You have NO idea how much trouble and stress you've caused him," she said, irritated. Torrid looked panicked, and Crystal confused.

"But I thought Torrid was a SkyWing? A good SkyWing!" Panicked Crystal. Poinsettia again chuckled.

"She's a SkyWing, alright. But not a good one." Said the pink and blue dragon. Crystal looked angry. Suddenly Poinsetta stopped, staring at Crystal's legs. She looked up at Crystal, gaping.

"Oh, that? That's just a rash!" Said Crystal cheerfully, seeing Poinsettia's stare. Poinsettia looked spooked. Suddenly, she turned, running away, leaving Crystal and Torrid in the dust.

Crystal looked up at Torrid. It seemed a while before she narrowed her eyes and said "You... are a bad dragon? F...foe?" She said. Torrid looked scared.

"Nonono, of course not! You're like a child to me! These? These are the real bad dragons. I have nothing to do with anything," said Torrid quickly, too quickly for Crystal's taste. She looked unconvinced.

"Okay. I suppose," said Crystal. Torrid breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now, as for the disguises. I think it best we pretend to be my parents. They're easy to transform, and it would make sense." Crystal nodded.

"I get to be the girl, right?" Torrid frowned at her.

"No, I get to be the girl, because I'm the prettiest. End of argument."

"Fine," Crystal grumped. Torrid did the chant, and soon instead of a white and a red dragon there soon stood a orange and yellow and a purple and red dragon.

"Now, your name is Flamethrower. I'm Flick," said Torrid. "Got it?" Crystal nodded. The pair walked up to the guards.

"Ah, Fair Flick! And Flamethrower, too? I thought you were on a mission!" Said the guard.

"Oh, no! I had to come back early cause I missed my, er... dear wife so much!" Awkwardly said Crystal.

"Ah. Say no more, say no more! Welcome back," said the guard. The pair walked inside the castle.

"Now, first we're going to go to the queen. We're going to.." Torrid looked around. "Crystal? Crystal, are you list- CRYSTAL!...Three moons." Crystal was nowhere to be found.

*                                  *                                         *     

Rust carefully stepped into the throne room. Asch sat there, deep in thought.

"Sire?" Said Rust. Asch bolted straight up, his eyes reddened. They softened when he saw Rust.

"How many times, Rust. Don't sneak up on me like that!" Rush dipped his head.