Prolouge

It was a pretty peaceful day, nobody fighting, nobody screaming, and for once people weren't trying to kill each other!
But Masky should've known that it wouldn't last too long, he was working on papers, with Toby sitting not too far away from him. Everybody else was nowhere to be seen, but little did both Masky and Toby know, that Clockwork was in the room next to them, planning something diabolical. Something that could end a life and make somebody go crazy.
As Clockwork picked up the potion Cody had made her, Cody started to question why she wanted to do this. Clockwork simply smirked and said that it was only for the fun.
Cody sighed, knowing that what she was doing wouldn't be funny and would just be downright dangerous. As it would put Toby in serious danger.
Clockwork quietly walked into the room where Masky and Toby were, and smirked. This would be easier than she thought, as Masky was distracted and Toby was a generally friendly person, and would go to greet her. As she suspected, Toby got up to go talk to Clockwork, unaware of what was coming.
"Sorry Toby, but this needs to be done," Clockwork said as she threw the potion at Toby. Toby's eyes widened as the bottle shattered, releasing its contents into the air, forming a small ball of smoke around him. Clockwork quickly ran out of the room, in order to avoid trouble, and went on with her day.
As Masky was working, he heard a quiet sniffle coming from inside the room, he ignored it, thinking that Sally was just upset, and Toby was a better comfort support than he was, but as he heard it again, he realized that it was a boy that was sniffling. Masky put down as pen and turned around, and what he saw shocked him. There sitting on the ground, was a crying, 6 year old boy, looking a lot like Toby. Masky looked around and saw that Toby wasn't in the room, this worried Masky greatly, as he never heard Toby leave, but then he realized something that made his blood run cold.
'This kid is Toby!'
Masky immediately dropped to his knees in front of Toby, and pulled him close. Toby looked up.
"W-who are y-ou?" Toby said, tears streaming down his face. Masky looked down at the child in his arms.
"I'm Masky," he replied. Toby just nodded and looked down. It was very clear that Toby was reverted back to his past self, with no knowledge of where he was and who he is with. Masky could feel his heart sinking, knowing that he had no way to fix this. As Toby looked around the room, something caught his attention, a knife laying down on a table, stained with blood. Toby just stared at the knife for a hot second until he looked elsewhere.
'This is a strange living room' Toby thought to himself. 'There's a mask on a table, a random bloody knife, and a lot of chairs. How many people live here anyway!?'
Toby didn't notice it but Masky was staring at him as he looked around the room, not exactly knowing what to say to him. I mean, what can somebody say to a child who just appeared in a house full of murderers without scaring them? Nothing really, if people being honest to themselves.
'I'll just tell him later' Masky thought to himself. 'I don't want him to not trust me.'
Word count: 587
Thanks to _Lyra_Rodgers_ for motivating me to make this book!