Chapter 2 - The Start Of A New Day

Toby's eyes fluttered open, he blinked a few times, and sat up. He was sitting in a bed, and he didn't even know how he got there. As Toby heard footsteps coming to the door, he panicked and dove under his covers, shivering like mad, and not exactly wanting to get hurt. As the door opened, the age reduced Toby heard an unfamiliar voice.
"Toby, are you okay?" The voice asked. Toby heard more footsteps coming to the doorway, then he heard the voice that belonged to none other than Masky.
"Toby, you can come out, you're okay," Masky coaxed. Toby peeked out from under his covers, and saw two men, one with a mask on and one with a hoodie. Toby wanted to sit up, but he didn't recognize either of the two. Until the masked person pulled his mask up, and Toby realized it was Masky.
"Toby, are you alright?" The man with the hoodie asked. Toby just nodded, staying silent, until Masky walked over to him and kneeled down. Masky pulled Toby out of the bed and carried him downstairs, with Toby letting out an occasional yawn. Masky kept going, reaching the top of the stairs. Just then, Nina walked by, causing Masky to loose his balance. However, right before Masky tumbled down the stairs, Hoodie grabbed his arm and yanked him away. Masky felt a wave of relief wash over him, that could've ended very badly if it wasn't for Hoodie. He would definitely scold Nina later for almost pushing him down the stairs, but right now, he had a bigger problem. He wasn't going to just waltz into the living room with a 6 year old in his hands. That was just asking for trouble, and a lot of questions. So they had to think of a way to get Toby down there without alerting anybody. In the end, they decided to go talk to Slender, and hope that he could get the word out to the others. Right before they went to see Slender, however, Jeff walked up behind Masky, and by god he had never gasped louder. Jeff just rolled his eyes and looked at the pint sized proxy in Masky's arms.
"Who is this, Masky?" Jeff questioned Masky, getting up in his face. This movement was making Toby very uncomfortable, and he just buried his head in Masky's chest. Masky was doing his best to answer all of Jeff's questions, but when he couldn't answer one, Jeff got extremely angry and started calling Masky useless, and somebody who just doesn't want to help. Which Masky found hard to believe, considering he was taking care of Toby. As soon as the two started going back and forth, Masky felt something wet on his chest, he looked down and his heart dropped when he realized Toby was starting to cry. Jeff saw this too and just walked away, not wanting anything to do with it. Masky shot him a dirty look, and after Jeff walked away, Masky turned around to go see Slender.
Word count: 509
rE
This was my main inspiration by the way