Chapter 5: Spiderman Unmasked

"No way!" I cover my mouth in disbelief. Peter is Spiderman? Peter Parker, who've I've known since I was nine years old? This has to be a dream. I pinch myself a few times, and nothing happens except for my arm becomes more red with each pinch.
"What was that?" May yells from the kitchen, as the sound of the dropped legos echo throughout the room.
"Uh...nothing!" Peter exclaims before turning back to us.
"You're the Spiderman," Ned says quietly, with a shocked look on his face. "from Youtube."
"No, no i'm not." he stammers as his suit releases from his body.
"uh, but you were on the ceiling and the walls!" I exclaim as I get up from the bed to meet his eye.
Peter looks away and ignores me. "What are you guys doing in my room?"
"May let us in, we had plans to finish the Death Star later remember? Holly and I decided to get a head start since you didn't know how long you were going to be." Ned points to whats left of the Death Star, which is basically just random lego pieces now.
"But you can't just bust into my-" Peter is interrupted by May, who opens the door and lets in a huge puff of smoke.
"I guess my turkey meatloaf was a disaster! Let's go out for Thai food. Ned, Holly, want Thai?" May laughs as the smoke alarm starts beeping in the kitchen.
"Uh, sure." I reply, smiling as I remember Ned loves Thai food.
"Uh, they can't, they have a thing." Peter shoots us a look, and I know we aren't going to get an explanation tonight.
"Oh yeah we uh have family dinner since Holly's here. all the cousins are going. And the aunts. And uncles. And-" Ned stumbles on his words and I take over.
"Oh yes, I completely forgot. maybe another time. Let's get going Ned." I grab his hand and turn to Peter and give him a quick death stare before waving goodbye to May and walking out the room.
Before we walk out of the apartment, I hear May say to Peter," Um okay then. Maybe put on some clothes before we leave." I chuckle and close the door.
....
We walk home in complete silence, and then when we get home Ned pulls me into his room.
"What just happened? is Peter Spiderman? Does that  make him an Avenger?" He looks just as shocked as 20 minutes ago.
"I mean, I guess that does make him an Avenger. We should just call Peter, May clearly doesn't know and that's why he rushed us out." I pace around the room, taking this all in. Peter Parker is Spiderman. He's an Avenger. Who made his suit? When did he become Spiderman? I have just as many questions as  Ned.
Ned calls Peter and he agrees to come over after dinner to explain everything to us. We sit in silence again for about an hour until Peter arrives.
"What the heck is going on, Peter!" I whisper-yell as soon as he shuts the door.
"Well, I guess I'm spiderman." He says, not looking at us.
"and nobody knows?" Ned exclaims, sitting down on his bed.
"No, of course nobody knows. Not even May. She'd freak out. Well only a handful of people know, like you guys, Mr. Stark" Peter starts to explain but Ned cuts him off.
"Tony Stark? Did he make your suit? are you like an Avenger now?" Now Ned is getting more excited.
"Yes, he made my suit and I mean I guess that makes me an Avenger. But Ned, Holly, you can't tell anyone. Nobody can find out about this, especially not May." Peter gets closer to us and even quieter so that Aunt Carmen wouldn't be able to over hear from the other room.
Okay, okay. We'll keep your secret. But I only ask one thing." I say, crossing my arms and try to look serious.
"What. I'll do anything as long as this is a secret." Peter looks at me pleadingly.
"Okay, We'll keep your secret if you let us help."