04

Sunmi sighed, staring down at herself in the mirror Ryujin's right

Sunmi sighed, staring down at herself in the mirror Ryujin's right. I should leave him she thought to herself You can do this Sunmi, just get it done. That's all. She took a couple of deep breath, trying to get rid of the fear building up in the pit of her stomach.

I can do this. She got out of the bathroom and made her way to the living room "Kyungwon?"

"What now?" He asked, harshly, making Sunmi flinched

You got this Sunmi. It's time to stop being a coward. With a determined expression and confidence flowing in her veins "Let's break up." She said

Kyungwon laughs "I'm sorry what?"

"Are you deaf?" Sunmi scoffed "I said, let's break up, asshole."

Kyungwon looks at her shocked but it quickly disappears as he angrily walks over to Sunmi. "What did you say, you bitch?!" He yanks her hair, pulling her back, making Sunmi wince in pain

"Wanna say that again?!" He growls into her ear, adding more pressure to pull her hair

"Stop! Please!" Sunmi hissed, tears beginning to form in her eyes while trying to yank his hand off

"Oh yeah?" He chuckled "Well guess what? You did this. Now pay the consequences."

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

Sunmi sat there, crying her eyes out. Her body was visibly shaking a lot and covered in bruises. She wiped the side of her lips to see a little blood on it. She started breathing heavily, her head was pounding and it felt like it was gonna burst.

I can't She cries I can't I can't I can't The same thing repeats over and over like a broken record in her head until she finally snaps out of it.

Ryujin. I need Ryujin.

She quietly stood up, hugging her body, slightly limping. She looks over to see Kyungwon asleep and she made her way to door. She looks back one last time before getting out of there despite the rain pouring heavily.

She knocked on the door, hurriedly. "Ryujin? R—Ryujin? Please open the door?" But no answer. So went to the side of the house and picked up a few rocks and started throwing it at Ryujin's window.

After a few moments, she sees Ryujin opening the curtain, rubbing her eyes that immediately widens once she saw Sunmi.

Sunmi went back to the front of the door, knowing Ryujin got the message.

The door open and Ryujin quickly ushered Sunmi inside to her room. "Are you crazy?!" Ryujin asked her "It's raining Sunmi! You can get sick!" She nagged but stop when she notice bruises "Sunmi..."

"Please." Sunmi begged

Ryujin sighed "Come on, you need a warm shower."

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

Sunmi sighed in contain, feeling the hot water running down her head and body. Her hand roams around her body carefully, making sure not to touch the bruises hardly. She felt herself crying again while washing her hair. Why?

After a couple of minutes, she step out of the shower and look at herself in the mirror. Bruises. She looks away, ashamed of herself and quickly put on the clothes Ryujin had given her.

She got out of the bathroom to see Ryujin sitting there with a cup in her hand. She sat down next to Ryujin and looked down, nervously playing at the hem of the sweater.

"Here." Ryujin handed her a cup of hot chocolate

"Thank you..." She said quietly

"Will you tell me what happened this time?" Ryujin asked softly while wrapping a blanket around Sunmi

"I...I tried to break up with him." She took a deep breath

"Hey. It's okay, if you don't want to tell me." Ryujin's hand reached out for Sunmi's and they intertwined.

Sunmi felt her heart fluttered and her heart started beating fastly. She didn't know why but she assumed it was nothing. "No...I want to tell you."

She told Ryujin what happened and she could see how angry she was but tried masked it.

"Sunmi..I'm so sorry." Ryujin heart aches for her

Sunmi frowned "It's not your fault, Ryuryu." She put her cup down

"I'm supposed to protect you." Ryujin said, growing emotional

"No Ryujin, it's okay. You're here with me, on my side and that's the only thing that matters." Sunmi cupped her cheeks, making Ryujin look up to her

"Do you know how grateful I am for you? You're amazing Shin Ryujin. You're beautiful inside and out, you're strong, brave, caring and much more. I love you." She hugged Ryujin and they stay like that for some times before falling asleep in each other embrace.

Ryujin made her feel safe and secure in her arms and she loved that.