Chapter Six

"Lex! Wake up! We're late!" Harry's voice shouted above me. I felt his hands on my shoulders as he shook me violently. "Harry-" I started but he cut me off by yelling again. "We forgot to set our alarms!" I frowned. "What?" I raised my wrist and checked my watch. "Bloody hell!"

It was 10:30a.m.! The Hogwarts Express was going to leave at exactly 11:00a.m.. "Get dressed! We have to go!" I jumped out of my bed and shoved Harry towards the stairs. "Alright, get out then!" He didn't argue. He ran down the stairs and out the door in a heartbeat. I dashed to my dresser.

There was absolutely no time to drive. By the time everyone was ready and Harry and I had our trunks and owls, it was already 10:51a.m.. Our only option was to apparate.

    POP! We arrived outside King's Cross Station. It took us three minutes to find two empty trollies and load our trunks onto them. As we pushed through the crowd of muggles, we saw the easily-recognizable red headed clan a few yards ahead of us. We ran to catch up with them.

It was now 11:55a.m., so we had five minutes to get through the barrier and onto the train before it left.

"At least we're not the only ones."

"Not now James!"

"Fine."

"Percy! You first!" Mr Weasley commanded. Percy stepped up in his knitted sweater vest and glasses that were slightly askew from running.

Fred and George nudged me with their elbows. "Shortie, we'll race ya for a sickle." I nodded. "You're on." If anything, a race would help us make it on time. Percy took off towards the brick wall in a sprint and disappeared instantly.

Fred went next, giving himself an immediate head start in the race. I trailed after him, almost hitting his heels with the front of my trolley, and vanished through the barrier.

Platform 9¾ was filled with adult witches and wizards waving at the windows on the Hogwarts Express. We maneuvered our trollies around everyone to get them to the other side of the platform.

"Wait! Wait for us!" I heard Percy yell at the attendants as they finished loading all of the trunks onto the train. I looked up at the clock and started picking up my speed when I realized we had two minutes before the train would leave.

We handed off our trunks and hurried to the nearest door on the train. I mumbled curses under my breath when George's hand grabbed the handle a moment before mine did. He opened the door with a triumphant laugh. "Aren't you supposed to be the seeker?" Fred teased.

I ducked under George's arm and stepped onto the train. "Shut it Freckles." They got on after me and shut the door tightly. "One sickle please." George said, holding up an open palm. I slapped it away. "My money's in my trunk. You'll get it tomorrow."

I felt rumbling under my feet as the train started moving. I looked out the window to try and find Mum and Dad, but it was nearly impossible with the amount of people on the platform.

I did, however, spot Mr and Mrs Weasley towards the front of the crowd. They were smiling and waving at someone near the twins and I. I turned and found Ginny. She was grinning as well, but she was also trying not to get trampled by the older students. I ran over and placed my arm around her shoulders, acting as a sort of shield. I waved goodbye to Mr and Mrs Weasley as best I could before they became out of our sight.

Fred and George came over and took hold of Ginny as well. Besides Ron, and think they were the most protective of her. At that moment I remembered, "Where's Harry? And Ron for that matter?" I knew they were right behind me when I went through the barrier. Had they missed the train?