13

Clarke's POV:

Lincoln moved in front of me when Cage showed his gun in a protective way but Cage just started laughing.

"Wow Clarke. My sister must really care for you if Lincoln wants to protect you like he is doing. Are you two in love or something?" Cage asked, raising an eyebrow.

I mean am I in love with Lexa? I don't know. I can't really think about that right now.

"Don't answer that." Lincoln whispered, and he stepped to the side a bit.

Cage laughed like some one had just told the world's best joke. This guy honestly needs help because he is crazy. I looked to Lincoln and he seemed absolutely terrified. I've never seen him like this and I know that whatever is going to happen can't be good.

When Cage finally stopped laughing he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. "I have something I want to show you guys."

Cage stepped forward towards us and pressed the FaceTime button on a number that didn't have a contact. After one of two rings whoever was on the other end picked up and Cage handed me the phone. I looked at the screen and was going to throw up. It was Lexa tied to a chair covered in blood with a knife in her leg.

"Lexa!" I yelled into the phone, seconds away form crying.

"Clarke?" Lexa said on the other end sounding completely defeated. I knew Lincoln was watching the interaction over my shoulder so I moved the phone so she could see him too.

"Lincoln, keep Clarke safe. Don't do anything to get you two in trouble and cooperate with my brother. I don't know if I'll ever see you two again but I want both of you to know that I will always be with you. We don't all have to die today."

"Don't say that Lexa. I'm not going to let you die." Lincoln said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Well you heard her Lincoln you and Clarke must cooperate with whatever I say so don't try anything stupid." Cage added, grabbing the phone from me and hanging up.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled, charging at Cage who wasn't prepared for my sudden attack. I tackled him into the sand and tried to grab his gun from his holster. I know this is the exact opposite of what Lexa said to do but I won't let them hurt her anymore. I can't.

"Ahh get off me!" Cage yelled, rolling around in the sand.

"No!" I yelled back, still fighting for possession of the weapon. I then felt a hard hit to the face and I was knocked off of Cage and into the sand. I'm definitely going to have a black eye later, but now is not the time to worry about that. I can probably just cover it with sunglasses or worst case scenario a bit of makeup but that really isn't the most urgent issue at the moment.

I sat up quickly but then saw that Cage was now standing up with the gun pointed at my head ready to shoot.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't blow your brains out right now Clarke!" Cage spat at me, physically turning red in the face from being so angry. Talk about anger issues.

"Ok." I said calmly. "The no reason you shouldn't blow my brains out is right behind you."

Just as I finished my sentence, Lincoln had taken a rock and smashed Cage over the head with it. He was knocked out cold instantly and his body dropped into the sand.

"That was awesome!" I smiled, looking up at Lincoln.

"I know right! That was like an action movie and you said the perfect line then I was like bang with the rock!" Lincoln smiled, reaching a hand down to pull me up out of the sand.