14

Lexa's pov:

The next few weeks went by rather quickly and it was finally time for the meeting. Cage was in prison receiving psychiatric treatments which meant I didn't have to worry about him killing me anymore. Lincoln accompanied me to the meeting where we met up with my father, and the other board members. In about an hour, a vote was taken, and I was officially the head of Trikru. Once everyone left I had the opportunity to talk to my father Titus alone.

"Congratulations Lexa. You have always been the right person for the job and I'm glad the company will be in safe hands for when I'm no longer around." My father said, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you father."

"No thank you Lexa. I'm proud you will be the one to carry the family name and honor our ancestors. Speaking of which, I know the whole marriage to Lincoln was just part of the trick but I really hope you do fall in love one day."

"Father I-"

"Lexa. You deserve a family. Maybe you'll even have children while i'm still around. Is there anyone special?"

I paused for a seconds to consider if I should tell my father about Clarke. I guess there isn't really a reason to though. After the whole kidnapping event with Cage, things between Clarke an I were great. That is until about a week ago when she broke up with me suddenly. I tried to ask what was wrong but she wouldn't even speak to me. I've never been more heartbroken in my entire life but I've been focusing all of my mind on work and Trikru. Now that I have the company I have even more of a distraction and I never have to think about Clarke ever again. I want to think about Clarke though. No wait I don't. Or maybe I do? I'm not sure. The only thing I am sure about is the stabbing pain I feel deep down In my heart when I realize Clarke is no longer mine. I lost her.

"Lexa. There is someone isn't there?"

"Yes." I admitted, letting my head fall.

"What happened?"

"I don't know father. Things were going great and then she just ended things."

"She?"

"Yeah. Her name is Clarke. Honestly I never felt the way I feel about her about anyone else. I thought we would end up spending the rest of our lives together."

"Do you still want that? Do you want to marry this Clarke girl one day."

My breath caught for a second and I closed my eyes. Do I want to marry Clarke one day? Can I even imagine that? Yes. I can that's exactly what I want. Then it hit me. I opened my eyes again and my eyes widened.

"You love her don't you? I know that look Lexa."

"I- it doesn't matter. She doesn't love me. I thought she did but..."

"Well I'm sure you'll find someone else Lexa."

I nodded my head but I knew I wouldn't find anyone like Clarke. There's no one else like her. I can't believe I lost the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't even know what happened.

An: ok this was super short but that's because the next few parts are going to be very important to the story. Do y'all want frequent short chapters or less frequent long chapters?