Chapter 4: The Calm Before the Storm

Inside the room there's a black coffin surrounded by red spider lilies, the fragrant smell of lavender scintillating from the stick, Tadashi Jirou was just standing next to the coffin, alone and heartbroken. There's nothing he can do thinking he couldn't bring the dead back to life, it's obvious you can't defy the laws of nature.

The room was pretty much empty, Mrs. Nakashima tried her best to invite people but nobody seemed to come, Jirou thinking about this pains him after Mikeru everything had done to the people he helped with. "You are so naive it's funny, why do you have to leave me like this? You're slowly killing me Mikeru," Jirou talked to Mikeru's dead body.

"You're so unfair... Selfish... Putting us first before yourself. I shouldn't have dodged and let myself killed... If I could only exchange my life for yours you could live happily right now, or perhaps I don't really know."

Jirou is standing for hours looking at Mikeru's lifeless body and renewing the candles. He can only hear himself, his breathing, his voice, the voices inside him, and the sound of an burning object.

Hours passed by he was startled by the sound of the door opening which it was Mrs. Nakashima, Kanna, Jiann, and the other five that Mikeru possibly knew.

The atmosphere not only looked dreary but felt dreary. Everywhere he looked it's just the remaining people who wants to see Mikeru physically one last time. The twins came to his funeral cried to each other and a short girl crying for him, I questioned myself, "What is their relationship to Mikeru? Sigh now is a bad time to ask I'll just let them be." It reminded Jirou of Mikeru's graduation ceremony that nobody came for him except for his friends, he understands why Mikeru's parents couldn't go because they're too busy providing for their family. "Can't believe you've struggled this much... I'm sorry." Jirou spoke to himself shaking and cried again.

"Mikeru asked for a black flower, stupid him there is no such thing. All we could provide is Red Spider Lily, the flower you were fascinated so much even it represents death. I always wonder what's going through his mind... It's a mystery."

Time skip the day after it was the burial for Mikeru's lifeless body. It's just the ten of us and the priest providing the service necessary for the event along with the cemetery helpers, I can't hear anything and overwhelmed, it's hard to move on.

After the services and ceremony everyone decided to go leaving Jirou behind for he wants to stay for a little longer.

"Jirou... It's gonna be fine okay? We are here for you. We are also in pieces seeing our bestfriend parting away leaving us behind." Kanna comforts him, Jirou ignored Kanna.

Kanna is trying to grab his hand to stay with him but she hesitated and stopped. "I'll leave you be Jirou, tell us if you're feeling well." And she walked out and gone home.

The sun didn't shine since the day Mikeru died, now Jirou is left alone and a heavy rainfall appeared, he fell to his knees along with the rain releasing everything of what he feels.

In a far distance the Psychic only looks on Jirou, "Pathetic."

It's been three days since the funeral seven days after Mikeru has died.  Jirou is on a wreck, he is not used living a life without Mikeru. He haven't ate anything after his death. He is slowly getting malnourished and skinny. Jirou kept thinking about the words he spoke if he is not with him encouraging him bit by bit.

We cut to Jirou sitting on his chair depressed but not crying. Jirou is staring off to space as Kanna and Jiann worried for him, they tried to reached out but Jirou won't give a response. The bell rang snapping himself but he is ganged up by Tendou Furuta along with his pathetic two underlings. "Seems the bastard died for good don't ya think Jirou? Now he is not here you are totally fucking nothing but just a fucking mere trash. Heh, Mikeru is also fucking full of himself don't you guys think?" Tendou asked his underlings, the underlings laughed in agreement.

"You see we don't need any trash like him in this world, he was a fucking big shot and trash, look where it got him? He died like shit burning in the depths of hell, at least we have no disruption while us fucking you over so you could be with him, you both are good as dead anyways." Tendou faced near on Jirou spitting on his face and laughed, the underlings are on shocked laughing.

That's where Tendou Furuta answered his death wish, "You asked for it MOTHERFUCKER!" Jirou hastily stood up and clawed his way through Tendou's neck choking him and throwing him to his underlings. "You motherfuc-" Tendou was cut off as Jirou jumped on him stepping on his body and go back directly punching Tendou, the underlings saw that Tendou couldn't recover from his attacks making his Underlings stopping Jirou restraining him, Tendou stood and recovered punching Jirou very hard on his stomach causing for him to scoff.

"That punch was so fucking wack." The pain Jirou received makes him more stronger causing to slam the underlings on the floor and carried the other underling throwing him to Tendou. The two sent flying to the classroom wall, Tendou was in pain looking at Jirou getting his chair dragging it to them, Tendou was terrified and laughed nervously, "Hey Tadashi we are just fucking around with you! We are just joking!" Tendou is raising his flag in defeat, "The fun has just started Furuta San." The atmosphere grew heavy same as just Mikeru when he was a kid, Jirou showed his blood thirsty eyes with a killer smile raising his chair preparing to slam the three.

Jiann and Rositsu ran to the room to see what's the racket about since their club room is near to the classroom. Jirou slammed the chair to Tendou causing his shoulder to break, Jirou is gonna slam him a second time but he was stopped by Jiann and Rositsu. "LET GO OF ME-" Jirou realizes it was Jiann and the stranger Rositsu stopping him, this made Jirou snapped to his senses, "THATS ENOUGH JIROU." Jiann shouted at Jirou as Rositsu was helping to restrain him. Jirou looked at the three injured bullies running away from him. "I-I am sorry--" Jirou lost his consciousness and collapsed.

End of Chapter 4