Assignment 10 - Episode 1

In a very tidy and casual flat, there was already an atmospheric disturbance. Sapphire could sense it. She waited on the staircase for her rather slow companion and took a seat on one of many steps.

"Sapphire?" A familiar voice called.

Sapphire smiled to herself and looked over the banister. 

"Up here." She waved, looking down at Steel. Steel looked up back at her and sighed, disappearing briefly before reappearing right in front of Sapphire.  

"Are you getting anything?" He asked.

"Yes." Sapphire turned her head and looked up to more steps. "There seems to be a rather big time break in the empty room on the top floor."

"An empty room?" Steel repeated to himself. "Well come on. Let's go." Steel went ahead while Sapphire got up and followed after him. They passed many doors to many rooms, and walked up until they found the top floor.

"Which one is it?" Steel asked Sapphire as they both looked at the various doors.

"It doesn't seem like any of these. I think it's... that one?" Sapphire told him in a confused tone.

"Sapphire?" Steel looked at her.

"Sorry... I think... oh dear." Sapphire narrowed her eyes at the door. Steel, meanwhile, looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"What's the matter with you?" Steel questioned her.

"I don't know." Sapphire replied equally as confused. 

"We better find out quickly then." Steel said as he put his hand on the door handle of the door Sapphire pointed out. Sapphire nodded and followed him in.

"Steel. This seems strangely familiar to me."

Steel turned to look at her "Well yes, I suppose it is fairly similar to the other flats we were in-"

"No." Sapphire cut him off. "I mean the energy. The break. It seems familiar."

"Yes I know what you mean." Steel looked away again before heading further into the room. Sapphire following swiftly behind.

"I'll look in here you look in there." Steel ordered before rummaging around in a few cupboards in a side table. Sapphire nodded and headed into what looked to be a bedroom.

After a few minutes of looking around the room Sapphire left it, and closed the door behind her. Everything seemed to be unusually tidy for an empty room.

"Sapphire!" Steel suddenly called. Sapphire quickly walked to where Steel was. He was standing completely still by the other side table next to a few cheap chairs, waiting for Sapphire.

"What is it?" She questioned as she stood next to him.

"Someone or something has already been here." Steel told her "This cupboard door was open already when I got to it. Who was in here Sapphire?"

Suddenly in a hypnotic motion the room started to move around, they both watched as it happened.

"What was that?" Steel asked himself unintentionally. "Sapphire?"

"Sorry." Sapphire answered. "I think someone is trying to communicate with us Steel."

"Do you think that is their way of communicating? Because if so, I think I have a feeling that I know why it feels so familiar." Steel looked in thought at the wall.

"You don't think it could be who I think you mean? What would she be doing here before us?" Sapphire asked him as she stood by an already-open window.

"It depends if you're thinking the same, plus, it also depends if this is real, or just another trick." Steel replied to her, joining her at the window.

"Sapphire? Steel?" A voice called, sounding quite a distance away. Sapphire gasped in surprise while Steel narrowed his eyes and walked in the direction the voice was coming from, followed by Sapphire.