Assignment 10 - Episode 3

Steel looked around in thought at what could possibly happen now.

"Do you think she'll come back?" He asked Sapphire, who was now sitting on the top step.

"I'm not sure." She replied

"Could you try and take back time to when she was here?"

"Well.. not really, she would just repeat what she was telling us before, remember everything must be exactly as it was at that time." Sapphire paused, suddenly her eyes lit up "But maybe I could try something else."

Steel looked at her with a curious expression. Sapphire stood up and walked to where Diamond was standing before disappearing. Her eyes begun to brighten as she stared seriously in concentration, with Steel watching her. She closed her eyes to further her concentration.

"I've got it." She mumbled.

"Sapphire?" Said Steel taking a step closer.

"Oh, oh Steel." She continued, Steel looked at her with suspicion.  "It's them, they returned."

"Who is "they" Sapphire?" Steel questioned her.

"Where is everyone?" She mumbled again. "Who are they?"

"Sapphire that's enough."

"Steel where are you?" She opened her eyes, trying to come back to her current reality.

"I'm right here Sapphire, here!" He replied.

"Where?" She asked quietly, closing her eyes again. "Oh it's so eerie here, such a sense of imbalance and discord, such a ominous feeling, almost like you're being looked down upon by a hundred peering eyes."

Steel looked at Sapphire with concern, putting his hands around her wrists "Sapphire come back! Where are you going?"

"Steel, I can hear you, I can't see you! Steel!" She cried.

"Sapphire!" He put one of his hands on her cheek "Come back to me!"

"Where are you Steel?"

"I'm here!"

"No." Sapphire suddenly murmered.

"Sapphire?"

"What is this?"

"What is what? Sapphire!" Steel started to shake her. Sapphire blinked hard a few times in a row, only to shut her eyes again.

"Sapphire snap out of it!" Steel pursued. Sapphire suddenly knelt down slowly on the floor, Steel dropped down purposely with her, in confusion.

"What did they do to you?"

"Who? What are you talking about? Who are you talking about?" Steel questioned her.

"Speak to me... please!" Sapphire begged, she looked like she was holding an invisible person, Steel didn't put that idea past, as in the corridor of time, it could be perfectly logical. He stood up with a determined look while Sapphire mourned the invisible force.

"Well, whatever trick this is, you may as well stop! It's over." His voice echoed all around "Bring back Sapphire, now." Steel commanded as he looked back at Sapphire, still kneeling on the ground. "We can help you if you need it, we can sort whatever this is out, we can do this the easy way; just bring back Sapphire." He looked around in frustration and confusion as he was getting no responses at all. Or so he thought. When listening closer, he could hear murmurs, murmurs from Sapphire. He turned around and crouched by her again.

"There is no easy way..." She paused "Steel look who caused this. Look around you... look, here..."

"Sapphire stop being so cryptic and tell me where you are!"

"But you can see? Can't you?"

"All I see is where we arrived in the first place!"

"Well... I suppose it makes sense, I can't see you.. you can't see me... we must be apart. In another area of time.. so far away... far, far away..." She continued as a little tear drop ran down her face.

Steel looked at her with slight worry, wiping away her tear.

"Sapphire, I'm right here, with you. Please come back to me."