Assignment 10 - Episode 4 (FINALE)

Steel remained silent now as he watched Sapphire carefully. She was looking around in negative wonder as if she didn't know where she was. Steel stood up and leaned on the banister in thought trying to think of a solution, if only Diamond could come back...

And right on queue, a few taps of sharp heels came closer on the stairs.

"I heard I was needed so I came as quickly as time would allow." Diamond looked at Steel, who was still lost in thought. "Steel!" She called to get his attention.

"So which version of Diamond are you?" He asked bluntly, looking at her briefly.

Diamond squinted her eyes looking into another direction. "I'm sure I'm the present one. The one from this time. It's unfortunate sometimes to have this ability, it can get awfully confusing."

"Well despite all that, you and I need to come up with a plan to help Sapphire, and quickly too, before we lose her completely."

"Well I would love to, but I still know nothing about what is actually going on, it would help if you elaborated to me." Diamond said with a smile.

"...Well, I asked if Sapphire could take back time to when another form of you, from the future, told us about a challenge we'll face in a few months, however we don't know anything about it. Sapphire told me nothing would happen if she took back time, so I presume instead she decided to try and find this version of you, and now..."

"She's lost in time." Diamond finished his sentence. "Good grief... I would've thought by now Sapphire would know the risk of trying to find another version of me, especially from the future... why didn't you tell her not to?" 

"I didn't even realize what she was doing, believe me if I did know I wouldn't of let her. We both know the risks, but I think I put her on the spot."

"It's not your fault, trust me I think I would've done the same if I got left on such a cliff-hanger, it sounds fairly important, so I suppose you two were just trying to do the right thing." Diamond sympathetically replied as she slowly crouched down next to Sapphire. "But the consequences are great, as I'm sure you know."

"We can do something though." Steel said sharply as he also knelt down next to Sapphire, putting his hand against Sapphire's cheek briefly.

"I wonder what she is seeing..." Diamond said thoughtfully, looking at her.

"That isn't important, we just need to get her back..." Steel suddenly looked at Diamond. "You can travel through time, you must have hundreds of forms throughout time, why don't you go and see? Get her out of this state."

"As far as I'm aware there is already a form of myself that is where she is."

"Then how can you not know where she is?" Steel began to get frustrated.

"One form cannot know the other form's placement in time, the risks are too great, it could damage the course of time."

"And you don't think this will?" Steel stood up and walked slowly to the stair banister.

"Steel, I really am sorry but I can't go against the rules of time. You know I would do anything to help Sapphire but this is as far as my abilities take me; if there is already another form of me there, which there is, I can't do anything..." Diamond said with a tone of guilt until cutting herself off.

"What? What is it?" Steel impatiently asked.

"I think I may know a way."

"But you just said-"

"No, no, it's nothing to do with me personally, but, I think you may be more useful in this situation." 

Steel looked at Diamond with confusion.

"Here's what we can do..." Diamond told him.