Cold

I never felt
                   That it was wise
                  To wish too much
                  To dream too big
                   Would only lead
                  To being crushed

                    Then I met you
                You weren't afraid
                      Of anything
                You taught me how
               To leave the ground
                  To use my wings

             I never thought a hero
          Would ever come my way
               But more than that
                   I never thought
              You'd be taken away
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Max was different to say the least. He barely made his usual snide or remarks, didn't snap at anyone, and actually reduced his swearing to a minimum. Everyone was so put off by the behavior that they thought Daniel had come back and purified him, but he shrugged that off and went about his day as usual. Gwen still felt bad about what she'd said to him and apologized again when she saw him only for him to make a remark about her going soft, which resulted in their usual banter that left her feeling like everything was back to normal. And it was.

The final days of camp wound up fast, and soon enough it was the last day. David was in the process of cleaning up the activity area with Gwen whilst the Quartermaster actually prepared a decent breakfast for everyone. When that was over, all the kids went about packing up their belongings so they could spend the rest of their time together doing stupid shit since David had decided on not having them do one last activity together. Well, Gwen sorry of threatened to murder him with his own guitar if he tried.

Max sat with Nikki and Neil as they watched kid after kid being picked up by their parents and/or guardians.

"So...last day of camp. Can't believe it's finally over."

"It wasn't that bad, not as bad as the Flower Scouts." Neil shared in the sentiment with the green haired girl as they both shuddered at the thought of being stuck with those judgmental cunts all summer long. Max snickered at their trauma.

"I am gonna miss you guys though..."

"Aren't your parents dating??"

"I don't think my dad's too fond of Nikki's mom after she gave him Quartersister."

"Oh please, it was probably just the clap."

"Just?"

"Still can't believe they fucked in front of everyone."

"Don't remind me..."

"Yeah, but that memory is one of the reasons why I'm gonna miss this place. Well that and...you know? You guys..." Neil cooed at the show of affection coming from Nikki, but that earned him a really hard punch in the arm that sent him flying out his seat. Max cackled as she cracked her knuckles and kissed her muscles as the nerd struggled to pick himself back up. They shared a few more laughs like that for a bit longer before Carl and Candy pulled at the same time, the former scowling at the latter who merely just rolled her eyes. It was time to go.