Confusion and Saving

Q

Ares' POV

Once Thomas takes my hand, I pull him into my arm, bracing myself as he stumbles. I try to ignore the flaming anger in my chest with how weak he looks. How scared he is.

Though his legs are brittle, I don't hesitate to hold his body close to mine, not ready to let him out of my arms after two months of looking for him. His small arms hesitantly circle my neck, but I don't mind, needing the contact. I turn my head to give Silas a glare, trying to figure out what to do with him but my heart falls from my chest when I see that he's gone.

I whip my head from side to side in fear, knowing that of Silas got away, even if he doesn't come for us again, someone will be hurt.

"Where did he go?" Thomas asks when when he leans over to see who I'm looking for. His body tenses in fear and I can feel his mind begin to spiral at the fact that there's a puddle of blood on the floor and no body to go with it. I turn our bodies so that he can't see the empty space anymore and instead touch his face to bring his pale eyes up to mine.

"Hey. It's okay. I told you I wouldn't let anything happen to you. I mean that." I tell him, brows furrowed, knowing exactly how far I'll go to make sure my kitten never leaves my arms against his will again.

His heart rate slows down a bit and he relaxes further into my arms but his eyes look more sad than before when we looks over his shoulder. I follow his gaze and see a thin, broken looking Ben curled into himself, even in sleep his body is shaking and flinching in fear.

"What's going to happen to him?" Thomas asks me, clearly worried about the Vampire. And I don't understand why.

      "Why? He brought you here." I answer him, not needing any other reason to hate the small man that always rubbed me the wrong way.

      "He met him on the way to our monthly. He's been through five months of what I went through. He did things to him I hope I never learn about. He did all he could to protect the one he loved and Silas took every advantage of that." Thomas tells me, his voice still scratchy from misuse. I look back at Ben that's laying on the concrete floor and I try my best to let go of the resentment I've held on to for so long. Because my kitten is right. If he's been under Silas' thumb for months, there's no telling what he had to endure. I would never wish that on anyone.

Before I can respond, I hear foot steps coming towards the door and I'm quick to turn my body around and force Thomas behind me, cursing myself when I see I left my bat upstairs. I prepare myself to have to fight off Silas' men but relax when I see it's only my boys coming down the stairs.

"Oh thank fuck." Mace says, breathing a heavy sigh of relief when he sees Thomas, throwing himself against the wall to slide down in exhaustion.

Q just grins and sits down on the stairs while Zay stares at Thomas with eyes full of sympathy. I feel my lover shaking against me and I understand that the new men in the room are making him nervous. I turn my back to the boys to show my trust towards them and tilt his face up to look at me.

"Hey. These are my friends. They helped me look for you this whole time. They're just relieved I found you okay?" I tell him and he hesitantly nods, though he steps forward to push his body closer against mine, and I let him, needing the physical assurance that I have him back as well.

"Ares, we gotta go. More could be showing up and the ones upstairs might wake up soon." Q tells me from behind and I nod to them, though I don't turn around.

"Zay, leave us your car. You guys go ahead. You can come get it tomorrow. Let me get these two out of here." I say and though they don't say anything, I can feel their understanding as they stand up and they make their way back up the  stairs loudly. Once their gone, Thomas relaxes once more and looks up at me with a wobbly smile and teary eyes.