2

Nixon
My alarm was going fucking nuts. I knew I shouldn't have set it so early. I lazily dragged myself out of bed, not caring about what I looked like. I threw my hair in a sloppy bun and left my sweatpants and hoodie on. I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed downstairs. One of my older brothers, Ty was sitting at the table with my younger brother Rocky.
"I'm going to the mall." I said grabbing the car keys off the table.
"I wanna go!" Ty basically whined, which upset me because he was 20 years old and had no business acting like a child.
"Then come on cause we need to leave now." I rushed him rolling my eyes.
"But I'm still eating my cereal."
"Then I'll go alone." I started to walk out but he called me back in.
"I'll spill it out." He scowled walking to the sink.
"Why don't you take Nate?" Rocky asked me. Nate was my twin brother, which meant I was the closest with him. That was a hard thing to do considering I had 5 brothers and no sisters.
I scoffed. "Like Nate would even wake up this early. If I woke him up he would've butchered me."
...
After a good hour of shopping for my family I was finally able to leave the damned mall. Ty was already in the car, and pulled around to the front of the mall. I had so many bags in my hand and I didn't even notice that I stumbled and landed on the floor.
"Shit." I tried to get everything together, when a boy kneeled next to me and helped me. He was really cute. "Thank you, so much."
"Lots of Christmas shopping, eh?" He said. This was so awkward. I chuckled and scratched my nose ring. It was a nervous habit I picked up after Nate and I got our noses pierced when we were 15.
"Yeah. Last minute you could say." Nixon shut up. He picked up the last bag and gave me it. We both stood up.
"I know what you mean. Calum." I shook his hand. I hope my palms weren't sweaty.
"Nixon." I smiled at him.
"Excuse me, sir?" I didn't even notice I was in front of Pandora. "Your purchase?" He said and I silently cursed. Of course he couldn't be single! The cute ones were always taken.
"Oh yes, right." He said looking down.
"Well thank you again, Calum." Come on you idiot! Ask him for his number! But he has a girlfriend.
"No problem, see you around." He said his goodbye and walked back in the store. I stood there for a second longer before muttering, "Fuck." under my breath. I walked out of the mall and into the car where Ty sat waiting for me.
"What took you so long? And why are your cheeks so red?" He asked pulling out of the parking garage.
"No reason."
Except I was lying. The reason was because of a boy I met 5 minutes ago.
I hope this is a temporary feeling.