1. We're never going back.

Mbali

I'm not familiar with this sight.

Mountain views from afar surrounding the whole village, trees obscuring some of the houses making the land green while birds fly up and down. The ground is bare and without a pavement, just soil and dust, except for the tar road that's just across the cafè. That's where I'm at now.

I have my eyes fixed outside, looking through the huge glass window that has words--- The Islander Cafè carved on it from outside while I have a straw between my lips, slowly sucking up this half full orange juice.

Pedastrians are walking up and down on the sidewalk next to the cafè while cars drive up and down on the tar road. It's the only tar road here, long enough to be the village's main road an entrance to the village. There's even a Welcome to Mmoya Village board at the beginning of it.

The Islander Cafè has the monopoly here, big enough to accommodate dozens of customers. Even though I find it anomal for a village to have a cafè, this one's not bad. Its mustard painted walls light up the whole interior, with cream white booths containing a box-like receptacle with inspirational quotes inside that also serves as a lamp, white ceiling, mahogany floor and a big plasma TV lodged up on the wall at the back, airing a music channel.

"Mbali?"

I whirl away from the glass at the sound of the voice, breaking away from my trance and meeting Jason's face-- who, when I turn, immediately and disgustedly burbs on my face.

"Ew!", I cry with disgust, waving the stench off my face.

He burbs once more, this time covering his mouth. "My bad."

Thank God that's only guava juice and I tolerate the smell, It would've been worse if it was one of those spinach and yoke energy shakes. I gag at the thought.

Tumelo, seated across the table from me, laughs. "Sorry, sis", he says. "Food's here", pointing at the plate of four slices of pizza in front of me.

"Thanks", I say, letting out a smile.

"You seemed lost", Tumelo says. "You got mesmerized by some hot guy or something?", he asks, letting out a snicker along with Jason.

I glare at him then at Jason on my side, m humour plastered on their faces. "Not everything is about hot guys with me, you know", I say in annoyance.

"Well...", Jason says with a smirk, and I smack the side of his head.

I know I'm into hot guys and stuff, but who isn't? There's nothing more entertaining than ogling at tall, dark and sexy men. They are undeniably attractive.

"And no, I didn't see any hot guy", I say, "not that there's any around here", I glance to the window once more, searching for any hot, at least just attractive guy but I find none.

"That's good", Tumelo says, grinning at me.

These two idiots are my brothers, older than me-- well, at least Tumelo is that older, he's 21 ---- while Jason is only fifteen minutes older than me. We're 18 years old twins but we don't look alike though, that'll be weird. And besides, I'm better looking than him.

"Whatever", I say, reclining against the booth and shoving a slice into my mouth. "At least the pizza's good."

"Yeah, but not as good as Roy's though", Tumelo says.

"Damn! I could use some of Roy's pizza right now", Jason says gluttonously.

Roy is probably in some country or city right now, offering his services to other people. You see, what really happened was: before we moved here a week ago, we were residing at one of Skyline City's surburbs, The Green Surburb. Skyline was one the most beautiful cities in this country-- and yes, I said "was", like in the past tense.