𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃.

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1.

❞𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃...❞

TWENTY-FOUR YEARS LATER.

With a welcomed amber glow, the sun starts to set, with fresh colours of orange, gold, and pink brushed against the sky like an artist's canvas. With a firey glow amidst violent purples and the promise of a celestial blanket of stars. The horizon contrasted signs of destiny and downfalls of the unknown.

The honeyed-haired woman sat mesmerized by the reflective greens of the landscape. The landscape was a mirage of divine hues congregated in the land of Westeros. Thick spreads of deciduous trees acted as an easel upon Kingslanding, and a city left sprawled upon a rigid landscape of stone.

A siege of solid walls surrounded the city in a protective embrace and passed its bounteous waters. Everything about Westeros was appealing to Celeste's eyes, it may have been beautiful, but there was a sudden concealed eerieness about it.

Her fist pressed gently against her cheek. Her eyes began to momentarily close, with an evident conclusion of exhaustion. She closed the book on her lap, consisting of the final chapters of Aegon's Conquest.

Her back rested against the pale bark of the weirdwood tree. She was located among the outskirts of the Red Keep, closest to the gardens. The deciduous tree was a prosperous sight, although a certain spot of it, often resembled a face carved within the tree. Celeste found comfort beneath the tree and away from her duties. She isolated herself that evening and spent the remaining of her time beneath the mystifying tree.

Its ablaze-coloured leaves acted as a canopy of shade during the day, and obscured her from sight during the arrival of night. The tenous flames of the lit torches laid sprawled shadows of the passing guards.

Her long honeyed hair, pleated tightly, with a delicate silk ribbon, neatly decorated the small of her back. She fastened her cloak tighter over her white tunic and quietly, her eyes surveyed the sky above.

A soft and mobile sigh escaped her nostrils, as a fair breeze crawled along her neck. A profound thought awoke her mind with irritation. Tomorrow she was being wed to Lord Tytos Lannister. And beyond the Red Keep's wall was a celebration of her engagement. The celebration raised the ambient soul of the realm to a broad shared smile.

Occasionally, she wondered whether they were too distracted to notice her absence. Her stomach twisted into a knot, while an uneasy feeling settled in her chest.

Celeste refused to admit that she was afraid of the man. Though she knew what he was capable of. He was charming to his staff, until someone tests his loyalty or questioned his succession. Rather than holding their tongues, he simply would take them.