𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄

CHAPTER 3.

❞𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄...❞

TWO DAYS EARLIER.

A COOL DRAUGHT OF AIR WHIPS THROUGH Daemon's private chamber. Its silent, fragile song carried a salty yet sweet fragrance. Midnight blue deepens over a broad and starless sky. The cloudy hour softens the dull colours of the day, awakening a song of solitude among a serene soul.  The Rogue Prince stood captivated in his thoughts, his palms resting amongst the stone railing. His dark and restrained gaze cast amongst Kingslanding's partly congested streets. 

Daemon's chest rose gently, as the wind combed its fingers through his soft, winter, locks. The cool breeze played gently with the loose strands of his hair. His lips formed into a thin line of uncertainty.  

The view from the Redkeep's balconies and towers was the most redeeming quality of the Kingslanding. Daemon's thoughts captivated his surroundings, pushing the smallest amount of sound from his attention. His senses paced down a path of events from earlier.

The thought of Tytos ignoring Daemon's remarks, spitefully made him smile. Tytos certainly wasn't fond of the art of arguing, the twists and turns it creates. It wasn't Tytos that consumed his thoughts, it was the eldest daughter of the Velaryons. 

Marriage was a political statement of binding houses together, nothing more. He pondered why his chest swelled at the thought of her marriage. Daemon did not love her, he simply valued the comfort of her company.

Though it always proved to be suffocating when she spoke about Ser Christian Cole.

And perhaps her shy smile forged a growth in him. He use to find her rather reserved upon her arrival. And easily, her fragile eyes were like pages in a book. Her thoughts and emotions were oddly displayed in her glossy, amber gaze, like a reflection in a mirror.

The hesitation surrounded her that night. And Tytos's rash and harmful actions angered Daemon. Agitation itched in his veins, he couldn't comprehend why he cared so much for a woman that wasn't even his. She was the realm's rose, and he was a gallant of protective thorns amongst the stem.

Admired from afar, she was a breath of fresh air amongst the Redkeep's suffocating walls. Her presence was valued, and often he wondered why she condescended her own judgment.

Daemon was aware of the stereotyped judgment men held upon the rights of women.
A part of him preferred it that way, but another side of him forced himself to conceal those thoughts away from Celeste and the Royal Court.