~11.18~

“This is amazing,” Jason moaned, biting into the meal I’d made for him.  He was sitting at the island as I pushed stir fry around in a pan on the stove.  “Name anything and it’s yours.  Seriously, I’ll give you anything you want for this food.”

    I smirked and turned to face him, leaning against the counter.  “A little birthday sex would be nice.”

    His forehead pulled together.  “It’s your birthday?”

    I shrugged and turned back to the stove.  “It’s not a big deal.”

    “A birthday is a pretty big deal in the world we live in,” Jason pressed.  “It means you’ve survived another year without dying at the hands of an asshole.”

    I laughed lightly.  I heard him slide from the stool and come to stand behind me.  His arms snaked around my waist and squeezed my sides.  He rested his head on my shoulder, peering down at what I was making.

    “Plus, I get to give you stuff.”

    I rolled my eyes and turned in his arms.  The spoon in my hand steamed as I pointed it at Jason’s nose.  “You’re not going to get me something because I don’t need anything.”

    “Don’t pull that on me,” he said before pushing the spoon away and kissing my forehead.  “We’ll go do something tonight.”

    “A day in bed would be nice,” I sighed, twisting my torso and reaching out to turn the front burner off.

    “I have to at least buy you dinner first.”

    I failed at hiding a smile.  “Fine.  But nothing too extravagant — I mean it Jason.”

    Jason held up his hands.  “Okay, okay.  We’ll leave around four, then?”

    I wrinkled my nose.  “That’s a little early for dinner.”

    “If you say so,” he sighed jokingly as he began walking away.  “That just delays the amount of time we can spend in our room.”

    Butterflies fluttered through my stomach at his words.  He’d started calling everything “ours”, and it made me smile every time he said it.

    “Four it is?” I prodded.

    Jason cast me a sly look as he came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs.  “Four.”

••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••    ••

    In all honesty I was looking forward to going out with Jason.  We hadn’t been out since the party, but that didn’t necessarily count.  I usually didn’t like making a fuss about special days, because it’s just that — a day.  But somehow, knowing I was going to spend it with him made it feel more than that.