breakfast

The next morning I woke early, and got ready for the day. Unfortunately I had potions first, and my brother had told me that Severus Snape, head of Slytherin house, was quite harsh and expected perfection from every student. He would expect you to know the answer to every question asked, and will humiliate you at the slightest mistake. Of course, he told me this before our argument.

Though, after last night, I could tell our bickering was getting out of hand.

Of course, it's because he wouldn't surrender. Or did he? He started talking to me now, and tried to make amends. I pushed the thought aside as I grabbed my wand and slipped it into my robes. I stealthily walked out of the bedroom, then out of the common room to eat breakfast. I walked briskly, hoping to get the chance to apologize to my brother before Anne-Marie was there.

I had a stroke of luck. Few people were up, and my brother was one of them. Luckily no professors were around. I ran towards my brother and called out his name. "Daniel?"

"Y/n? I thought you were still mad at me." He scowled slightly and ate some oatmeal.

"I was being petty. I'm sorry for acting up last night. I thought I had a good enough reason." I looked away and folded my arms. "I was wrong."

"Well Y/n, that's what you get for trying to hold a grudge. Don't you know it's unhealthy?" He smirked. He pushed my shoulder and smiled. "now, why don't you like Anne-Marie?" He asked. "She's kind. She's loyal, and she's-"

"Not my choice. You like her. I don't like her, but I'm not the one snogging her." I rolled my eyes. "now, if you don't mind, I'd better eat some breakfast. I've got a day full of... Stuff ahead of me." I walked towards the Gryffindor table and sat down with a sigh. I grabbed some breakfast foods, and before I could even begin to eat, I felt two arms around my shoulders.

Fred and George.

They greeted me with a hello, and pushed me around.

"You're quite the early bird." George laughed.

"Though you seem quite tired." Fred continued. Before either of them could say something else, two hands hit the back of their heads.

"Leave the poor girl alone. You're lucky she even acknowledges your presence." Bill.

"It's not our fault she can't resist our charming looks." Fred swept his hair to the left and I coughed.

"Wait, you guys have looks?" I asked.