Chapter 6

Jayln
....
"Sharife I'm not good enough" I whined

Sharife was currently trying to convince me to try out for the girls team after school.

"Yes you are jay just do it " he said laughing

"Ight bruh but if I dont make it I'm blaming you"

"How you gonna blame me if your trash"

"Wow so I'm trash" I said lowkey offended
....
It's currently 3pm and school just ended and I'm in the gym shorts sharifs just HAPPEN to have in his backpack .

"Ok girls get on line" the coach yelled

See ..cause why u yelling

I got on the line like the other girls and we did some drills.

"Ight were gonna play a little scrimmage" coach said while putting us in teams.

"You're team captain" she said pointing at me," and you're your team captin" she said pointing at a random girl on the other team.

She passed me the ball and I checked up with the other team captin.
....
After the scrimmage my team had won of course .

But I ain't bragging or nothing .

" alright ladies , let's huddle up " the coach said and we all made our way towards her

"That was a great tryout for all of you and I will be posting the results Tomorrow on the gym doors " she said ," everyone go ahead and get changed and have a great rest of your day " she finished dismissing us all

I made my way into the locker room grabbing my bag and changing back into my clothes.

"Shes not even that good I dont know why coach made her captin" I heard someone from my team whisper.

I looked at her with a mug.

"Yeah I'm talking to you,ugly"

I laughed hysterically in her face .

" ugly where ?" I asked chuckling, " asked ur papa if he think I'm ugly hoe " I said grabbing my stuff and walking out the locker room .

See I should've beat her ass right then but I'm really trying to keep a good image if I do make the team . What would I look like fighting her in the locker room right after trying out .
....
Walking out I seen sharife waiting for me on the bleachers.

"Didnt practice end already" I said stopping in front of him.

"Yeah but I wanted to wait for u" he said

"Is your dad waiting for you?" I asked

"Yeah"

"Can you drive me home?" I asked crossing my fingers behind my back

"Your mom cant get you?"

My mom had driven me today because my car needed an oil change asap and she was off today .

"No I might have forgot about telling her I was trying out "I said laughing, "why?? You dont want me to go with u" I said in fake disbelief

I wanted to ask ride why he didn't have a car but I feel like that's rude asf to just ask.

"I didnt even say that"

"Mhm ok" I said sarcastically
....
Me and Sharife are currently in his dad's care blasting dreams and nightmares by meek mill.

"HOLD WAIT A MIN, YALL THOUGHT I WAS FINISHED" I yelled.

Over the course of the few days I've been here me and sharifes dad have gotten a close bond, almost closer than me and sharife.