Chapter 5

I couldn’t look back; they were coming for me, for all of us because we were different;  different from the rest. This was the end they were going to  Leave us to plead and beg. Cold hard skin, lips as blue as ice. lifeless, lifeless, lifless they were chanting. She was chanting, it was her voice her distant familiar voice. "You can't hide deary it's time for your story to come to an end". I turned around ready to break into a sprint when a red trickle rolled down my forehead.  Her blood spilt, her precious blood now on my cheeks. I looked up and screamed there she was my Allie my little baby hung by her neck like a puppet on string by the front porch of our pack house.

                                         ***

They always used to end the same with me woken up by those shrill screams and shouts only to be silenced again in seconds. I thought they stopped they weren't dreams anymore but memories flashes of death always death.

Any trace of sleep had left me and I was now wide awake and alert. Two things that was a must when I've been running for more than two weeks hiding from “them”. I needed to keep moving, staying in one place for too long always calls for unnecessary attention.

Two whole weeks since I've found anything remotely close to living. I know no more than what I had set out with. Still confused and annyoed that I have had no help none at all. Finding Cayden is much harder then I thought, no slight trace of any familar scent it feels like I've been going in circles, as if I were looking for someone who didn't even exist. I was 100% sure that he had masked his scent but even still I should be able to track something it can be that easy for him to hide. There has to be a slip up somewhere or other. I was even stupid enough to think our 'connection' would make it easier. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Tired of waiting around I had an almost irresistible impulse to seek for help, I could slowly feel myself slipping away if I couldn't last two weeks it would only take me a matter of days where I would  finally give up.

I don't remember it happening but all I can see now is that I am being dragged across the ground and that my leg is in the mouth of a very angry wolf.  "Hey! I scream frustrated.

"What do you want" ?

Like that would make him answer a voice said, could it be? Who else but my charming wolf.

So now you decide to grace me with your oh so delightful presence.

Don't blame me I was always here. I just didn't find anything neccessary to say.

After almost three weeks you find just this moment to try and reach out to me.

Actually no, I have a bad feeling about this especially because I felt us being drugged, also that you have no memory at all until now.

"We were being followed", I shrieked. Great another mystery. With my 'joys' of having my wolf back and adding one other doubt to my long list of the 'unknown' I hadnt realised we had crossed another packs territory. I mustered up all my confidence and  acting skills and with a low and what I feel was a great intimidating voice said "let me go this instance"! And the reaction I get from that mutt. A growl, really ? Well isn't he a ball of sunshine.

No matter how hard I try to remember something a barrier is there blocking me from seeing anything. Closing my eyes and trying to focus on taking my mind and body into a state of relaxation I feel the ground beneath envelope me into a bone-crushing hug.

"How nice of you to place me gently on this rock hard ground I applaud your consideration" I spat sarcastically, and before I knew it a very bare cutie I mean person was standing right in front of me. What am i supposed to do in a situation like this. My brain is honestly dysfunctional when I need it the most . Umm think Aria think. Stop, Drop and Roll? look for the nearest exit? Run to high ground? Cover my eyes. Oh my god cover my eyes. And the smartest most tactful and logical thinker award goes to me. Miss Aria blackwell please accept this well deserved prize and shove some sense into yourself before you get the wrong side of a knife drilled inside if you.

Stop drop and roll, seriously?

"Umm," and that ladies and gentlemen was my response my very smart response. At that exact moment all I could think about is and what mattered for now, he better be wearing clothes when I take my hands of my eyes.

"Is it safe I ask.

Safe from what I'm sorry? he replies.

Ya know that. Are you covered, clothed, presentable whatever you call it.

Do you want me to lie or?

Just answer the goddamn question for goodness sake

Geezz calm down woman. This man was honestly testing my patience.

I'm presentable" he says with humor in his voice.

I open my eyes and am about to get up when I see and make eye contact with him, and before I knew it I'm back on the ground with pictures of unfamliar people, a lonely boy with sad hidden eyes an orphan to be precise. I see him, no more then eight years of age His name Jake, left on the night of 4th January as a baby with only a blanket and a note at a orphange all this information shooting at me all at the same time I see it all happen his past, present and only flashes and hints of tomorrow. I finally regain sight however I feel someones arms wrapped up around me. Looking up to see the person who's holding me I come in contact with those same sad eyes that tell an untold story. The orphan.

"Jake?

I dont remember telling you who I was". I hear the faint words roll off of his tongue as my eyes roll to the back of my head and darkness washes upon me.

Chapter 5!!! Here it is..