4

So as the contract goes; Miss Liu gave me a brand new condominium. A modern type – minimalist – Fully furnished. Lily white wallpapers and abstract paintings. An average settee bergonia couch with furry throw pillows. In between the mounted flat screen television and the adorable sofa; is a glass table that stood above a rounded chiffon carpet. The living room was connected to the kitchen, which also serves as the dining area. A square table from maple wood, and two sturdy chairs. Refrigerator, stove, microwave, oven, etc. (Nothing out of the ordinary.) When it comes to the bathroom, I find it so comforting — especially on dark nights, and warm showers. A tub, perfect for my size. At last, the bedroom. A single steel bed frame with a soft looking mattress; two pillows and a rose pink fleece blanket. It was filled up with a walk-in closet, a modern vanity, and a bedside table with an artsy lamp. A balcony was affixed to the room — it has the view of the beautiful city beneath the establishment.

I love this condo unit – Being Yuxin's lover wasn't that bad after all. I have my Lambo back, a lovely home, and a good-paying job.

My phone vibrated from my pocket which shook the hell out of me. I almost stumbled on my feet, cause it truly surprised me.

* Unknown Number *

Who's this shit?

"Hello?"

"Jiaqi," I panicked, knowing that it's Liu Yuxin.

"How did you get my number?" I queried.

"Sources, but that's not important now. I have an event to attend."

"And?" This doesn't sound good.

"I need a date obviously." From the tone of her voice, I could feel how she rolls her eyes in irritation.

"Why me then?"

"You're a little stupid."

"I'm not, I just have my hangover." I reasoned out, though I'm not sure about myself either.

"You're my employee, you're working for me."

"I don't have the hard copy of the contract yet."

"Later," she murmured. "Meet me at the hotel lobby, 7. Please be presentable Jiaqi, please."

I was about to blabber about random things, but she ended the call.

"Stupid," I mumbled to myself.

It's 5, so I can sleep for an hour. And maybe eat some granola bars, which is a yummy snack. My mom used to make big batches of those treats back then; how I wish I could be a child again. Less problems, Less stress.

I made my way towards the bedroom. I can't believe any of this; yesterday I was homeless, and now; I have my own condominium. It's not under my name, but I'm beyond grateful for it.

My bed was soft, velvety sheets. I lie down and drowned myself underneath blankets of cotton; the soothing smell of lemon essence have captured my heart.

I was loving my position, that I didn't noticed — I have dozed off to sleep.

•••