Sacrifice.

When she jumped out of that plane, all she could think about was Fitz screaming her name and telling her not to jump.

If anything broke her heart, it was that. She stared down at the tiny buildings and big lake of water and heard muffled screaming. She turned around and a screaming and crying Fitz was revealed.

Then she gave him a slim smile, as to say I love you, and fell. She screamed so loud that it hurt her ears and she didn't regret it. Although, she did regret not giving him a goodbye. She knew she should've.

Then someone caught her, gave her a simple shot in the leg, and landed.

--

"I'm glad you're okay, but don't you ever pull something like that again." Coulson finished. She knew he meant well but she hated being scolded. She said a simple "yes sir" and left.

"Simmons!" She heard someone yell and she looked up. It was Skye. She managed a smile and hugged her. It was a very sweet meeting and she was glad to know she had friends like this. Yes, she felt a few tears of Skyes on her shoulder, but she wanted to see someone else.

She had gotten comments from Ward, Coulson, and even May but she just wanted to see Fitz.

"Do you guys by chance know where Fitz might be?" They all shook their heads and gave simple "no's."

It was around 9 pm, and she was beat. She decided that she needed to get some sleep. She entered her passcode to her room and slid open the door. Before she could even begin to change, her mind was dragging her to her bed and she quickly fell asleep.

Her eyes flittered open to a small creak. She glanced over towards the door and saw a figure. She almost jumped but was too tired to panic. It was probably just a hallucination, anyways. She allowed herself to quickly drift away back into a peaceful sleep.

When she heard the beep of her alarm clock, her eyes slowly opened. She tapped the snooze and sat up. The sun was shining through her barely opened blinds and she allowed a smile.

She quickly took a hot shower and gathered herself for the day. As she met the entrance of the lab she threw on a white lab coat. She had struggled to get out her key card and eventually did. She swiped it and the door opened.

No Fitz. "Fitz?" She called, no reply. She smirked, he was probably pulling a prank on her. "Very funny, Fitz. Come out." Someone came out of the corner but it wasn't Fitz.

"Hey Simmons." Coulson said, she smiled. "Hello, sir. I finished all the paperwork you asked me to do yesterday." She said, handing it to him. He gave her a small grin and gathered them.

"Thank you." He said, and then turned back around. "So, why aren't you on the 2nd floor lab?" She frowned her eyebrows. "I'm sorry?" "Well, Fitz is up there. I figured you would be too. I could be wrong." And with that he walked out.

"2nd floor?" she muttered to herself, "it's filthy up there!" She finished reading over some papers and by then it was 5. Her and Fitz always gathered in her room at 6 for dinner so she figured she would check out now.

She reached the cafe and ordered two chicken salads with waters, their favorite meal to share together. When she reached her room it was 6:05. "Sorry I'm running late, Fitz. There was a hold up do-." No Fitz.

She waited another 30 minutes and threw away the food. She wasn't very hungry anyways. She hopped in the shower, finished her nightly routine and headed off to bed.

--
Her eyes, once again, fluttered open and the clock read 2:47. She felt a soft hand on her cheek and shrugged it off. A few moments later there were a pair of soft lips.

"Fitz?" She muttered and the figure disappeared. She sat up and breathed heavy. "Fitz." Her head fell into her hands.

--

3 days passed without seeing him.He remained in the 2nd floor lab while she stayed in the main lab.

"Team meeting." Skye said, knocking on the door and she followed her to the meeting room. She plopped down next to Skye and spotted Fitz sitting next to Coulson and May. They were just reviewing the footage from this week, making sure the cameras were running smoothly.

We saw Skye and Ward training, May doing some yoga, and Coulson running paperwork. And one set stung my heart. There I was, standing on the edge of the ramp, staring down. Fitz was in the back trying to unlock the door and was screaming my name.

Fitz stood up and barged out of the room. I looked down and sighed. "Well, that was it. You're all dismissed." They all left.

That was it. She couldn't take it anymore. She stormed to the entrance of Fitz's bunk and found it open.

"What am I, a ghost?!" She started, "I jumped out of this plane to save your life. Not Skye, Ward, May, or even Coulson. You!" She screamed, pointing at him. "Then, I come back hoping to have you gather me in your arms and you completely ignore me! No warnings, no hugs. Ignores! I did it all for you Fitz, and you didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE me!"

She ran her fingers through her hair and began pacing. "God, you're right." He muttered. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry. I love you Jemma, and I never wanna lose you. Every night I snuck into your room like a fucking idiot because I was afraid that I actually lost you." He breathed. "I couldn't bear to lose you."

She sucked in a breath. She looked at him and approached him, hugging him tightly. They sat down on the bed and he remained hugging her. "I love you, Jemma." He repeated at least three times.

She lifted his head up and smiled at him. Did he just say he loved her? She had been waiting for years to hear those words come out of his mouth.

He began to mutter something about the anti-serum, a parachute, and Ward jumping but I didn't care. I had Fitz back.

"You're the hero." She said, reassuring him and he looked at her. "Yeah?" He asked, and gave her a smile. She nodded. "You were the one beside me working on the cure. I mean, anti-serum. You've been there all these years by my side. You are the hero." She planted a small, soft kiss on his cheek and smiled.

He looked down and began to play with his hands. She knew that was her cue and she stood up. She took two steps and heard a small mutter.

"Bloody hell." Fitz said grabbing her arm and swinging her back around. Her stared at her very few freckles on her face and then her beautiful eyes and kissed her. She returned the gesture, but even more passionate.

"You're my best friend and I am utterly in love with you." He whispered in her ear and she smirked.

There was clapping and cheering and Skye, Ward, Coulson, and May stood there. "Did you all know about this?" I asked and Skye shook her head. "No, but we all saw this coming. We see the way you two look at each other. Like I said, you're so tight!"

I looked back at Fitz and put my hand on his chest. "I love you, Jemma." I smiled and giggled.

"Just kiss me, Leo."