The impending Apocalyps

Juniper sat in the chair

Juniper sat in the chair. Five sat beside her, his hand in hers as he told her and Vanya about what happened to him when he left. She couldn't help the few tears as they fall down her face as she listened to Five.

"I survived on scraps. Canned food. Cockroaches. Anything I can find." Five chuckles softly to himself. "You know that rumor that Twinkies have a that endless shelf life?" Vanya nodded her head.

"Well, it's total bullshit."

"I can't even imagine." Vanya said sadly.
Juniper held Five. Her face pressed up against his back. The pure thought of him all lone there made her feel incredibly sad, and wished she could've been there for him.

"You do whatever it takes to survive. So we adapted. And whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."

"We?" Vanya asks

"You got anything stronger?" Five asked holding up his cup. His classic way of avoiding a question by asking another one. Juniper was glad Five had someone with him, even if it wasn't her, he had her now.

"You think I'm crazy." Five then says. Now standing in front of Vanya. Juniper stayed seated. Her arm aches but it doesn't bother her.

"No, it's just a lot to take in." Vanya says

"Exactly what don't you understand?" Five asks in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Five—" Juniper says, said boy turned to her, rolling his eyes, he looked back to Vanya.
"Why didn't you just time travel back?" She asked
Five let out a scoff. "Gee, wish I'd thought of that. Time travel is a crapshoot. I went in the ice and never acorn-ed. You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family? To June?"

"If you grew old, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?" Vanya questions.

"I told you already." Five says and walks over to the counter. He poured more of his drink. "I must've gotten the equations wrong."

"I mean, dad always used to say that..time travel can mess up your mind. Maybe that's what's happening?" Vanya tried. Five hit his cup down on the counter.

"This was a mistake. You're too young. Too Naïve to understand." Five says. He picked up his jacket and walked over to the chair and grabbed Junipers hand. She took it and together they stopped at the door as Vanya called out to them.

"I haven't seen either of you in a very long time. I don't want to lose you again. That's all." Vanya says

"And you know what, it's getting late. I have lessons early, I need sleep. And I'm sure the both of you do too."
She walked over to the couch and pulled out two blankets. "Here. We'll talk more in the morning, okay?" She says "I promise."

Vanya bids goodnight and Five sits on the couch. He turns to Juniper who still stands by the door.

"Come here." He says