Chapter 3: Drake

Tuesday morning

I couldn't sleep. Alex's voice kept on playing in my head. She didn't sound alright, even thought she kept saying she was fine, she sounded as if she was crying.

I could here my parents shouting outside and my little sister who was only 9 came into my room.

"Drake, what happened to your arm?" My little sister, Tia looked scared.

Mom came in. "Drake James, get out of bed your gonna be late." Before she left she looked at my arm. "What happened! Have you been cutting again!" She looked at Tia. "Go to your father. He's waiting." Tia went and gave me a sympathetic look.

Mom came and sat at the end of my bed, before I could get out.

"Drake," her voice softened. "Have you been cutting"

"I've been clean for at least a week mom, I'm fine" I lied I only said that to comfort her. She has enough to worry about.

Mom's long black hair was in the same messy braid as it was yesterday. She's been really stressed out, with work and dealing with me,my four other brothers and my little sister.

The car honked from outside the house.

"You better hurry and make sure you hide that remember how your father reacted when he saw your cuts"

"I remember" mom gave me a hug. She used to give us all hugs all the time but now she doesn't even have time for us.

I got out of bed, got ready made sure they were hidden, and left the house, leaving everything that just happened behind.

I was still worried about Alex.

My dad always drops Tia off at school. Me, Logan, Caleb and Shaun had our own cars. Me and Callum went to the same school so I gave Callum a ride. We all went to different schools apart from me and Callum, we didn't want to, we wanted to annoy each other at school as well as at home.

I went inside the school building, looking for Alex.

"Drake?" Callum look confused.

"What?"

"You walked past a girl" he looked confused.

"So?"

"Hmmm. Nothing." He gave me a look as if he knew what I was doing. Luckily Kate and Serena came.

Callum left me. "Good luck"

"With what?"

"With her and the girl I heard you talking with last night."

I froze.

"That might be the reason why your not being you today"

"Drake!" I jumped. Serena sounded mad. I swear this girl was obsessed with me and Kate helped her.

"Yes, Serena" she calmed down a bit.

"You didn't text me back"

"And you never came to the family dinner" Kate sounded annoyed.

" I was" busy talking to Alex and trying to avoid talking to you because your a bitch"doing homework" I hoped they would fall for it. I saw Callum looking at me like he knew. He was whistling behind a girl with black hair. Going on dates with girls was fun but boring, all they talked about was hair and make up.I managed to get a look at her from the side. It was Alex. She did not look ok.

"Serena, Kate I'm gonna go" I ran towards Alex. I heard Serena punch one of the lockers. But all I wanted to know was if Alex was alright.