Chapter 10: Alex

Monday

I'm terrified about today. I'm scared on what Serena will do.

I waited for Drake and his brother. Grandpa gave me waffles with cut strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. This is the first time I've had breakfast in while. Me and grandpa had time to chat. He had time to get to know more about grown up me how he put it.

I heard Drake honk. I sad bye to grandpa. Drake got out of his car and opened the door for me. I sat in passenger seat and Callum sat in the back.

"Thanks for giving me a ride"

"I said I'll give you a ride and I am."

Callum was smiling. Drake looked in the mirror "Shut up"

Callum put his hands up. "Sorry"

We arrived at school. I saw Serena. Drake put his arm around me, I leaned into him.

"I'll see you when schools done" Callum left and ran to his friends.

I saw Serena pushing and shouting mean things at a girl with red wavey hair. I ran across the parking lot. Drake pulled me back. If he didn't I would have gotten ran over by a car.

"I can't keep saving your life if you don't thank me."

"I do thank you but right now I need to go help someone"

I ran across the parking lot, with caution, to help a girl I've never seen before.

"Oi Ariel you desperate slut" Serena was laughing but Kate wasn't having it.

"Serena stop. This isn't fun anymore"

The girl with red hair was walking away. Serena grabbed her long thick hair and pulled her back viciously.

"Where do you think your going, crack head?"

"Hi Serena" I waved at her.

"Your fucking grandpa called the school and now I'm fucking grounded"

"That's not my fault your such a bitch"

She let go of the girls hair. Serena stepped closer to me. "I will make you life a living hell" she said through her teeth.

"Go ahead. I'm not scared of you, you'll just make your life worse instead of making mine wose"

She left but Kate hesitated to follow her.

"Thanks. I'm Ashley Croix. I'm new"

"Hi, I'm Alex. Alex Quinn" Drake came over and kissed me on the cheek. "This is Drake"

I looked at her shirt, she was wearing a Bring me the horizon top. "I love your top"

"Thanks. You know them?"

"Yeah! I love their song hospital for souls and it never ends."

"Same" she looked so happy.

Drake looked at me and then talked to Ashley "Sorry Serena made your first day here kinda suck-ish"

"That's ok."

Me and Drake showed her around, she was in the year below us, we introduced her to Callum and I think he was flirting with her.