Chapter 6

"Everything has a natural frequency." Barry stated as Joe, Mitch and Barry had safety goggles protecting their eyes. Barry had a sound amplifier behind a wine glass. Barry walked and controled a control panel that was on his lab desk. "Since sound is expressed as a vibration if the pitch of the sound matches the natural vibration frequency of an object, then..." Barry turned the frequency on the sound amplifier as high and loud it could go. Then the wine glass shattered into a million pieces. Barry braced himsefl and Joe jumped and chuckled at the result of the broken glass.
"So you're saying that can happen to anything, not just glass?" Joe pointed taking his safety glasses off.
"Oh, yeah. I think that's absolutely what happened to the window at Wells' house. He's using some kind of sonic technology."
"It doesn't bother you that Wells, is possibly hiding something about this Rathaway character?" Mitch asked Barry.
"Don't touch that." Barry told Joe, as he was about to place his finger on one of the buttons on the control pad for the noise amplifier. Joe quickly moved his hands away from Barry's equipment as soon he was told to not touch it. Mitch stood behind Joe, with his arms crossed over his chest. "I mean, it sounds like this Hartley guy was a pill before he went all super villain. So I get why he never mentioned him." Barry explained to Joe and Mitch.
"Like he never mentions his girlfriend that got killed." Joe mumbled quietly. Mitch uncrossed his arms and placed them dangling at his sides. Barry stood straight up confused.
"No." Barry said but then changed his thought. "How do you know about her?"
"Yeah Joe," Mitch chimed in. "How do you know about the girl?"
"He's taken up a big part of our lives." Joe explained to them. "I wanted to know more about him."
"Well, if you wanna know more about him you could just ask me." Barry told Joe with an unbelievable look on his face.
"Look, Barry I wasn't around when Joe found out about Dr. Wells and his girlfriend's death, but sometimes it is better to get that kind of information from a person that actually knew that it happened, maybe even how it happened. Sometimes some else giving that kind of information can leave a bunch of noise." Mitch explained to him.
Before Barry could get his final thought out towards, Mitch or Joe. Eddie came in to the lab. "Joe, multiple 911 calls." Eddie exclaimed. "Rathaway Industries is under attack. Sector cars are en route." The three detectives ran out of Barry's lab when he got a phone call from Caitlin explaining exactly what Eddie just came into to inform Mitch and Joe. Barry explained to Caitlin that he just received the same kind of information before she called him. Then ran out of his lab with his suit on and running through the street like a blur of red with yellow lighting.