Chapter 11

Everyone was in the Med Bay attending to any injuries that Cisco might have suffered from the blast of the Pipeline door. Cisco was unconcious. When he finally did wake up, he woke up to a headache. "Oh, man." he moaned. Barry was on one side of Cisco's bed, Mitch on the other side. Cisco went to get up, "Caitlin." he said worried.
Mitch pushed right back down to the pillow. "She's fine." Mitch reassured him.
"You need to rest." Caitlin told him. "You have a concussion. You're lucky."
"Please tell one of you guys got him." Cisco said placing both of his arms on Mitch, and Barry's forearms.
Mitch bit his bottom lip and glanced up at Barry. Barry looked at Mitch then turned his focus to Cisco, then shook his head no.
"I guess the attack on his family's company was a fake-out so we'd catch him." Dr. Wells informed everyone in the Med Bay. "Give him direct access to S.T.A.R. Labs."
"But why?" Barry asked.
"I'm going to go figure out why." Mitch said as he left the Cortex and went out to take a smoke, like he always did when a mission went wrong or the mission itself failed. However, this is the first time they noticed it.
"I should've known he was up to something." Cisco said. "This is my fault."
"Hey, man, this is on me too." Barry said placing a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "I shouldn't have left before..."
"This is no one's fault but mine." Dr. Wells chimed in. "I earned the blame. I'm not interested in sharing it. Hartley doesn't think I've paid for my crimes. He's right. He won't stop until I do." Dr. Wells started to roll away.
"Where are you going?" Caitlin asked.
Dr. Wells stopped in his wheelchair and looked at Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin. "To earn back your trust," was all he said before he left.
Barry met Mitch outside. Mitch was leaning his back up against a wall smoking a cigarette and taking a big swig from his canteen. "You coming to tell me this isn't my fault, and I shouldn't blame myself?" Mitch asked announcingly.
"Yeah?" Barry asked waiting for some kind of backlash.
"Well, I know it isn't but what about the people that blame me for what happened?" Mitch said. Barry looked at him but didn't say anything. "You remind me a lot of my brother." Mitch smiled.
"You never told me you had a brother." Barry said putting his hands in his pocket and leaning up against the wall next to him.
"After I lost Mary, Katrina, and Anna," Mitch siad looking down at his cigarette. "He kept telling me there were more fish in the sea and that losing them was not my fault. Now I could understand Mary, and Katrina but Anna knew exactly what kind business I was into and she still died because I was there and I was with her."
"I know you think that even based on who you are you can't have a family, but to be honest with you I believe that a man like you deserves peace, and happiness in life." Barry told him.
"It's just funny you know it doesn't matter how close I get it doesn't matter if we marry, have a child, it just seems like God is playing all this obstacles in order for me to be happy, but by the time I do feel happy He thinks or belives that I shouldn't be happy and happiness is distracting."
"I don't belive that, you deserve to be with someone who likes you for who and what you do as a person." Mitch and Barry staid outside until Mitch was finished with his cigarette and threw it on the ground head back to the Precinct to find Hartley.