Chapter 9

Dr. Wells entered the room to find Barry, Caitlin, Cisco, and Mitch looking at Dr. Wells, wondering what secret Hartley was so happy that he was the only person in the S.T.A.R. Labs circle that knew what Dr. Wells was hiding from the rest of the class. "I assume you were all listening." Dr. Wells said with such confidence and calming voice. "Hartley was telling the truth. I have not been honest with you." Wells said.
"What secret does he know about Wells?" Mitch said with a furrowed dark brown eyebrows, as he ran his tongue along his upper lip, his arms crossed, in a slouched stance.
"The accelerator," Dr. Wells said as his eyes went from Mitch back to his team, his family. "Hartley warned me that there was indeed a chance that the accelerator could explode. His data did not show 100 percent certainty. Hust that there was a risk but it was a real risk, and yet I made the decision, that the reward, that," Dr. Wells paused his thought for a brief moment for everyone to process everything that he was saying. Caitlin and Cisco both had a betrayed and upsetting looks on their faces. Barry was shocked at with Wells was saying. However, Mitch continued to keep his stance. "everything we could learn, that everything e could achieve, that all of that, simply outweighed that risk. I'm sorry." Dr. Wells waiting for the backlash from his team.
Cisco didn't have anything to say to Dr. Wells. Mitch stood with his head looking at the ground. Caitlin however had a thought on her mind to give to Dr. Wells. "The next time you choose to put our live and the lives of the people that we love, at risk," Caitlin paused, "we'll expect a heads-up." Caitlin and Cisco parted ways and went in separate directions to think.
"After the explosion, when everyone else left you, Caitlin and Cisco stood by you. You owe them more than an apology." Barry told him.
"They might seem to get more than that with Hartley so intent, on sending me to the next world." Dr. Wells stated.
"What? That wouldn't make it right with them." Barry said. "You broke their trust, our trust." Barry said as he walked out of S.T.A.R. Labs with Mitch following right behind them.