Mothman x Fem! Reader (Fluff)

Thatsensitveb3tch

Okay so
I did some research
And apparently male moths have anus claws.
So I did not do smut because I couldn't stop laughing about it.

Instead here is some nice fluff

(Y/N)'s POV

The attic. One of the best places in my house. It had so many relics from the past. So many hidden treasures sealed away from the world. And they were right in my own house. Lucky me.

I'd spent my life only going up there occasionally to maintain the mysterious charm of the items inside my attic. But it changed when I met the infamous Mothman.

It was a dark night; the moon wasn't visible—not there providing its nighttime glow. I was on my last day of camping in the local forest. I would be staying for one more night. You couldn't see the stars too well where I'm from, and I wanted to soak up the sight of a clear sky. The night came and went. I packed up my things and headed back.

When I got home, I opened the trunk, and there he was. All curled up in a small ball. I almost didn't notice him, as his wings matched the lining of my car's trunk. It was only when I brushed against it on accident did I notice him. He made a small frightened chirp and I saw two glowing red eyes peering at me from the darkness.

He lived, now, inside my attic. It was dark and dry, like he preferred it to be. I ended up going there a lot more. Whether it be just to hang out or to unlock some of the artifacts sealed away with time.

"It's been a bit since I just spent time with him." I thought out loud. "I should probably go up and visit."

I grabbed a flashlight from a drawer and scrambled up the stairs. Once I got to the attic's entrance, I climbed up a ladder that unfolded from the ceiling, venturing into the abyss that was the attic.

I turned my flashlight on and heard a small chirp. I immediately got tackled in a hug, suffocated by the fluff on his neck. I ran my hands through it; the chitin felt so soft.

He rubbed his face against mine, tickling me with his antenna. Tiny scales littered my face. I tapped the back of his neck signaling that I was done.

He let me go and we started talking. I had been slowly teaching him some basic ASL that I knew from my school. I said the words out loud as I signed them, trying to get him to associate the hand gestures with the words. It took a bit before he fully remembered everything, but once he did, we were rapidly signing back and forth to each other.

Everything was going smoothly until he did the following motion. He placed his hands forward, palms in front of me. He rotated them toward himself until they were at the sides. He then put one hand in front of the other, both palms facing him, and returned them to the last position.

"Open box?" I signed back to him. He nodded and frantically shook a fist up and down. "Which one?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows. I made two fists with my thumbs to the sides and alternated raising them.

He pointed at the nearest one. It read "CRYPTID MERCH" on it. Lately, he's been wanting me to open more boxes to see what was inside. I smiled and made the letters "OK". I pulled the box closer and began to open it up. I dug through the box finding a few things about Fresno Nightcrawlers, the Flatwoods Monster, and the Chupacabra. But there were a few things pertaining to him.

"Oooh! Look at this!" I exclaimed, holding up a faded T-shirt. On it was a cartoon scribble of Mothman with the words "the man the moth the legend" on it. I laughed as I held it up. I translated it, and he chittered in a way I recognized as laughter. I kept looking through the box and eventually found a mask that said "I sucked Mothman's dick".

I giggled but then turned red as I remembered who was behind me. Oh right. Mothman. Thank god he can't read.

"What's wrong?" He signed, waving his open palms to the sides before sticking out his thumb and pinkie fingers and putting that hand to the bottom of his fluff.

Still blushing, I quickly made small circles with each hand and moved them apart. "Nothing".

I put everything back in the box except for the shirt. I took it and put it on over my own. It was just how I liked my shirts—loose.

He signed "You look great" and chittered happily as he began to hug me once more. I snuggled up to him, enjoying the warm embrace. I gently pet the inside of his wings and some small scales rubbed off onto my hand. I smiled as I continued to hug him.

I whispered something softly into his fluff, something he never knew the meaning to. But I knew. And I meant it every time I said it

"I love you."

876 words