Chapter 14- I'm Afraid

Troye’s POV-

“Tyler?” I call out across the room to Tyler on his bed. We came back here after the bad encounter with the research center lady.

“Yeah?” Tyler replies. I walk over and plop down on his bed. He sets his laptop down beside him and focuses on me. I glance over at the laptop.

“Did you find anything?” I ask and Tyler looks down at his clasped hands.

“No, and I looked everywhere,” Tyler says, crestfallen.

“I have a suggestion, It could cheer you up!” I say and look at him hopefully.

“What?” Tyler says giving me a doubtful look.

“Well, you’ve never been to the mortal world and they have this holiday approaching where everybody dresses up for some reason and some of them dress up just like us! We would blend in so well!” I explain and look at Tyler, “What do you say?”

“When?”

“October 31st!”

“Everyone says the transfer is painful.”

“Not really,” I defend.

“Well, you don’t exactly compare to everyone,” Tyler sasses and I giggle.

“I’ll help you,” I suggest.

“Fine. But only if you show me this nutella you always are craving,” Tyler says and smiles begrudgingly, ruining his stern facade.

“YAY! It’s going to be great. We won’t have to sneak invisibility serum now and you still get to see the entire world. Well not the entire world. It’s bigger than our world! Isn’t that crazy! Anyway, I have two more weeks to prepare you for the transfer!” I exclaim and rock on my knees excitedly.

“Is it safe to go the day before we have to be back? What if we miss school?” Tyler says.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be fine. I know my way around the mortal world.”

“Are you saying you have snuck invisibility serum and gone to the mortal world?”

“Maybe.”

 “You still blow me away every day…,” Tyler says and shakes his head disapprovingly. He’s too good of a kid.

“You don’t understand, everyone is so unique and fun up there!” I try to defend my actions but Tyler is having none of it.